Out of Line: Growing Up Soviet Hardcover – Oct 9 2007
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Rabbi Tina Grimberg developed a keen interest in Judaism and became involved in the American-Jewish community after settling in Indianapolis. Though her first career was in family therapy, her love of her Jewish heritage called her to pursue rabbinical studies at the Reform Movement’s Hebrew Union College, from which she graduated in 2001. Following her rabbinic work at Congregation Beth Elohim in Brooklyn, Rabbi Grimberg moved to Toronto, and since 2002 she has served as rabbi for Congregation Darchei Noam, the city’s Reconstructionist synagogue. In all her professional endeavors, Tina has been able to help others through her unique storytelling abilities, which allow the listener and reader to make sense of the past, and dream about the future. Rabbi Tina Grimberg lives in Toronto with her husband, Moshe, and their son, David. Out of Line is Rabbi Grimberg’s first published book of collected stories.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
One of the most poignant scenes in the book is when the 10-year old Tina ordered her beloved grandmother not to speak Yiddish in public again. The grown-up rabbi tells this story in a way that shows she has not forgiven herself. Indeed, forgiveness is oriented to the past and has no meaning for the Jewish Reconstructionist Federation. They are concerned only with the future, not realizing there is no future if there is no past. We can forgive ourselves because God forgives us. As an added benefit, we all have someone we can express our gratitude to for whatever happiness He has given us.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biographies & Memoirs > Ethnic & National > Jewish
- Books > Children's Books > Biographies > Historical
- Books > Children's Books > Biographies > Mulitcultural
- Books > Children's Books > Geography & Cultures > Explore the World > Europe
- Books > Children's Books > History > Modern
- Books > Children's Books > Religions > Judaism
- Books > History > Asia > Russia
- Books > History > Russia
- Books > Kids & Family Store > Ages 9-12
- Books > Kids & Family Store > Teens
- Books > Teens > Biographies & Memoirs > Historical
- Books > Teens > Religion & Spirituality > Judaism