Overcoming Addictions: The Spiritual Solution Audio Cassette – Abridged, Audiobook
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Acknowledged as one of the world's greatest leaders in the field of mind body medicine, Dr Deepak Chopra trained in India and the United States, and now runs the Chopra Center for Well Being in California. He has written over thirty books, which have been translated into thirty-five languages. He lectures and conducts seminars and workshops around the world. Visit his website at www.chopra.com --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
Society has claimed its victims; dependency upon food, drugs, caffeine, cigarettes, alcohol and sex has taken its toll on many. Deepak Chopra explores the motivation behind these addictions and attempts to teach the listener how to overcome them. Chopra has a charming speaking style full of spirituality and deep commitment to truth. He possesses an inner wisdom and "knowing" that attracts and mesmerizes listeners. His hypnotic performance soothes and relaxes, creating the perfect atmosphere for absorbing spiritual teachings. B.J.P. © AudioFile 2000, Portland, Maine-- Copyright © AudioFile, Portland, Maine
Top Customer Reviews
Most recent customer reviews
The author's approach is natural and meditative but lacks a step-by-step strategy. For those looking for steps to recovery, I suggest reading the book, Alcoholics Anonymous. Read morePublished on Jan. 5 1999
I found that this was a complete waste of time! I consider myself a very spiritual person but this was so vague that I kept waiting for the "meat and potatoes" so to... Read morePublished on Oct. 21 1998
One hopes Chopra's penchant for the prolific does not dilute the forcefulness of his ideas. This book is a perfect antidote to the "just say no" approach to addictive... Read morePublished on July 21 1997
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Audiobooks > General
- Books > Audiobooks > Health, Mind & Body > General
- Books > Audiobooks > Religion & Spirituality > General
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Alternative Medicine > Ayurveda
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Personal Health > Stress > Creative Visualization
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Recovery > Substance Abuse
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Neurology
- Books > Religion & Spirituality
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Neurology