Band-in-a-Box Pro 2012 Windows
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- Band-in-a-Box is a powerful and creative music composition tool for exploring and developing musical ideas with near-instantaneous feedback.
- Band-in-a-Box Version 2012 adds 101 more RealTracks and over 50 exciting new features!
- Now includes VST synth support, Guitar Amp Simulator (AmpliTube CS), use VST Audio Plug-ins (reverb, delay etc.), "Loops" support and more.
- Compatible with new iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad versions.
- Band-in-a-Box Pro includes: Pro RealCombos, Styles Sets 0-3, Solost Set 1, Melodist Set 1 and more.
There is a newer version of this item:
|Tax Central 2015|
Prepare yourself for this Tax Season. Visit Tax Central, your shop for all things tax.
- Platform: Windows 7 / Vista / 2000 / XP
- Media: CD-ROM
- Item Quantity: 1
We've been busy and just added some great new features and new RealTracks to Band-in-a-Box 2012! Band-in-a-Box 2011 and 2011.5 delivered over 100 new features, and 202 new RealTracks - now Band-in-a-Box Version 2012 adds 101 more RealTracks and over 50 exciting new features! We've added VST synth support for each track, so you can have multiple synths playing on your songs. You can also use VST Audio Plug-ins (reverb, delay etc.) on each track. Customize over 150 of the Guitar based RealTracks with the new Guitar Amp Simulator (AmpliTube CS). We include “Direct Input” (clean signal) Guitar RealTracks for these, so all of the added effects come from the Guitar Amp Simulator. We've added “Loops” support, so you can add your own, or 3rd party loops to any Band-in-a-Box track. The “BB Remote” app for iPhone, iPad, Android has been updated with new features (new release pending approval in the Apple store). There's a Simpler RealTracks setting that makes the RealTracks play a less busy or embellished arrangement. You can add MIDITracks individually now, simply select your favorite MIDITrack from any style to any track of your current song. EZ selection of “DrumGrooves” has been added, which are different grooves within drum styles. Band-in-a-Box is so easy to use! Just type in the chords for any song using standard chord symbols (like C, Fm7, or C13b9), choose the style you'd like, and Band-in-a-Box does the rest... Band-in-a-Box automatically generates a complete professional-quality arrangement of piano, bass, drums, guitar, and strings or horns. Plus, add REAL accompaniment to your song with RealTracks. These are recordings of top studio musicians that replace the MIDI track with audio instruments. They sound like real musicians, because they ARE real musicians!
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Part of the steep learning curve is the fact that the program has good features but comes with a UI from another world. If someone really tried to design a horrible interface it would probably still not be as bad as the UI for BIAB. It is extremly cluttered, messy and follows absolutely no defacto standards. It feels like the UI was designed by some hobbyist 20 years ago when he/she player around with VIsualBasic and haven't been upgraded since.
(I do understand the amount of work that a UI rewrite involves but seriously, they cannot re-release the 2013 version looking this way. Even if it takes the entire next year with there full team to just redo the UI (and no functional changes) it would be worth it.)
One good feature is the samples of "real bands" that you can use. This is also one of there big selling points in there ads. However, be aware that in the basic pro program many, many styles can not be used since you have to purchase the real tracks separately. In the core package very few realtracks are included. The confusing thing however is that the styles that uses some of these realtracks are included. This means you can select the style but you will get an error when you try to play it saying that key music files are missing.
- Quality of output with real track music styles CAN be very, very good.
- Entering chords is very flexible and supports both plain text (A, D7 etc) as well as chord numbering in the scale (a.k.a Nashville)
- Terrible, terrible, terrible UI,
- Steep learning curve
- Very few realtracks are included in the core product and have to purchased seprately
- Difficult to get a "clean" backup. BIAB always seems to add embollishments and creates more complex backup
The band in a box pro 2012 has so many new features and extra tracks for jazz,country,rock and pop styles.
I find it very helpful when I try out guitar improvisations and need some good accompaniments.
The big band arrangements are superb and help the jazz musician arrange some pretty cool stuff.
Overall, a great product which is worth every dollar.PG Music Band-in-a-Box Pro 2012 Windows