From the Back Cover
Welcome to the only guidebook series that takes a visual approach to professional-level computer topics. Open the book and you'll discover step-by-step screen shots that demonstrate over 150 key PHP 5 techniques, including:
- Setting file and folder permissions
- Using interfaces
- Writing object-oriented code
- Processing data in forms
- Using cookies to manage visitors
- Working with databases using MySQLi and SQLite
- Migrating scripts to PHP 5
- Parsing XML files using DOM
- Transforming XML with XSLT
- Troubleshooting PHP scripts
"Like a lot of other people, I understand things best when I see them visually. Your books really make learning easy and life more fun."
John T. Frey (Cadillac, MI)
About the Author
has been involved in Web development since 1998. His experience includes working as a Designer for Nerve.com, Design Technologist for The Chopping Block, Web Developer for Threespot Media, and Director of Engineering for EVB and Horn Group.
He has expertise in LAMP development, Java programming, Flash application development, standards-compliant markup, accessibility, and usability.