- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Pediatric Disorders of Regulation in Affect and Behavior: A Therapist's Guide to Assessment and Treatment Paperback – Jul 5 2000
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Pediatric Disorders of Regulation in Affect and Behavior: A Therapist's Guide to Assessment and Treatment represents state of the art coverage of the latest theory, research and treatment strategies for infants and children with problems of regulation. This comprehensive book, designed for mental health professionals and occupational therapists working with infants and children, provides the most recent advances in addressing disorders of self-regulation. Grounded in research, the development of self-regulation from infancy through early childhood is presented. Screening and assessment procedures are described in detail to help the reader evaluate self-regulation, attention, sensory processing, and parent-child interactions in infants and children. This book is the first of its kind to integrate treatment approaches from the fields of infant/child mental health and sensory integration. Clinicians learn how to address different types of regulatory problems in infants and children by working through the parent-child relationship. Specific treatment approaches for problems of mood regulation, sensory processing, attention, sleep, feeding, and play and social interactions are described in detail. Detailed case presentations are included in each chapter to demonstrate this innovative and integrated treatment approach. Full of practical advice, this book will be a valuable resource for early intervention programs, day cares and preschools, and infant/child mental health programs.
About the Author
Georgia DeGangi, Ph.D., OTR, FAOTA, is a clinical psychologist and an occupational therapist. She currently works in private practice at ITS (Integrated Therapy Services) for Children and Families, Inc., in Kensington, Maryland, and has worked at the Reginald S. Lourie Center for Infants and Children in Rockville, Maryland, as the Director of Research for the past ten years. She has over 25 years' experience working with infants, children and their families. She has extensive experience with diagnosis and treatment of a range of developmental, sensory, behavioral, and emotional problems. Dr. DeGangi has conducted research for many years to examine the most effective ways of treating children as well as examining how problems in infancy related to self-regulation, sensory processing, attention, and social interactions develop as children grow older. Among her publications are the Test of Sensory Functions in Infants, the Infant/Toddler Symptom Checklist, and the Test of Attention in Infants. Dr. DeGangi is internationally recognized as a leading expert in the assessment and treatment of sensory processing, attention, and interactional problems in infants and children. She was the 1992 recipient of the A. Jean Ayres award from the American Occupational Therapy Foundation and has been distinguished in the roster of fellows of the American Occupational Therapy Association. She serves on the faculty at the Infant/Child Mental Health program of the Washington School of Psychiatry and is associate editor of the Journal of Learning and Developmental Disorders.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Mental Health
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Counseling
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling > Developmental Psychology
- Books > Medical Books > Allied Health Professions > Occupational Therapy
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Pediatrics
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Allied Health Professions > Occupational Therapy
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Pediatrics
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Psychiatry
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Allied Health Services > Occupational Therapy
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Mental Health
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Pediatrics
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Clinical Psychology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Developmental Psychology
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Psychology > Psychotherapy