Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage giftguide Kitchen Kindle Black Friday Deals Week in Music SGG Tools

on March 8, 2004
Whatever you're looking for, it's probably in here. I have returned to this book both when looking for a good read and when writing essays (for example on lesbian modernists): as well as having some wonderful stories spanning a broad range of styles, the introduction is damn good critical stuff and contains some very useful references. Thank goodness they've changed the cover; the previous edition featuring two half-naked women (whom you wouldn't want to run into on a dark evening) was somewhat embarrassing to be seen with at the university library.
As well as enjoying the stories in their own right, I also found they led me to writers I hadn't encountered before. Some of my favourites include the extract from "A Room of One's Own", "Lullaby for my Dyke and her Cat" and "The Secret of Sorrerby Rise" (as well as the introduction to the book, funnily enough); and for all those Alison Bechdel fans out there, rest assured she's in there too.
on November 3, 1998
I loved this book . The stories in it are varied , but they are all wonderful . I have used stories in here for several proses for acting contests and have always gotten an excellent response. I recommend this book for anyone , man women gay or straight
on January 4, 2000
Its the one compilation that has truely touched the humour, the enticing void of what it is to fall in love and what it is like to be ironically a normal lesbian, the pictures are pretty good as well :)