- Product Dimensions: 10.2 x 2.5 x 5.9 cm ; 145 g
- Shipping Weight: 481 g
- Batteries 2 AA batteries required. (included)
- Item model number: E90 Wine Red
- ASIN: B0035LBM9O
- Date first available at Amazon.ca: Feb. 22 2010
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #523,074 in Electronics (See Top 100 in Electronics)
Pentax Optio E90 10 MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD (Wine Red)
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
- 10.1 Megapixel CCD and 3X wide optical zoom lens (equiv. to 31.5-94.5mm focal length) can handle a variety of subjects and scenes
- PENTAX Auto Picture mode automatically selects from 8 shooting modes, depending on the shooting situation, for beautiful, hassle-free images
- Large 2.7 inch, 230,000 dot LCD for accurate composition and review of still images and video
- Compatibility with easy to find AA batteries is ideal for travel, without having to carry battery charging equipment or international power plug adapters
- Comfortable, easy-to-hold design with a non-slip rubber coating
PENTAX 17916 10.0 Megapixel Optio E90 Digital Camera (Wine Red)
From the Manufacturer
The Optio E90 features a 10-megapixel CCD, a 3x wide angle zoom (32mm-96mm equivalent) and a large 2.7-inch LCD housed in a luxurious rubber coated body for a sure grip. Take advantage of the Optio E90's travel-friendly design with AA battery compatibility. Auto Picture mode selects the best shooting settings for the scene, and a high 6400 ISO that freezes subject movement in Digital SR (Shake Reduction) mode. The Optio E90 features an intelligent ergonomic design with a sure grip and an easy menu that makes the E series a popular choice.
Optio E90 Highlights
10.1 effective megapixels
Featuring 10.1 effective megapixels and a high-performance Pentax zoom lens, the Optio E90 delivers brilliant, high quality images with well-defined details. Even when images are enlarged, the camera delivers sharp, high-resolution prints with edge-to-edge sharpness.
Optical 3x zoom lens covering angles as wide as 31.5mm
The Optio E90 comes equipped with an optical 3x zoom lens covering focal lengths from approximately 31.5mm to 94.5mm (in the 35mm format). The 31.5mm wide-angle coverage is perfect for confined spaces as well as landscapes, magnificent structures or group snapshots. The Intelligent Zoom function, which allows even tighter zooming in on the subject without compromising image quality, extends the digital zoom range to approximately 17.1x.
Comfortable, easy-to-hold grip
The Optio E90's exterior has been treated with a luxurious, satin-like, non-slip rubber coating and the right-front panel is slightly raised to form fatigue-free, firm camera grip.
Travel friendly AA-size battery compatibility
Two universally-available AA-size batteries power the Optio E90 and replacements may be found almost anywhere in the world. The energy-efficient design captures approximately 600 images* with a pair of fresh lithium batteries.
* Based on measurement conditions conforming to CIPA specifications.
Automatic Face Detection with Smile Capture function
The Optio E90 features advanced Face Detection AF & AE function that automatically detects the subject's face then optimizes the focus and exposure settings. The camera also is equipped with a Smile Capture function to detect a smile on a subject's face and releases the shutter automatically.
Auto Picture mode for automatic selection of the ideal shooting mode
The Optio E90 features Pentax-original Auto Picture mode that automatically and instantly selects one of eight shooting modes (Landscape, Portrait, Night Scene, Night Scene Portrait, Flower, Sport, Standard, and Candlelight) for a specific subject or scene. This user-friendly mode helps photographers capture beautiful, high quality digital images of various subjects and scenes, without having to worry about making the proper adjustments to their capture settings each time.
Green mode for beginners
The Optio E90's user-friendly Green mode automatically selects the optimum combination of exposure settings, ISO sensitivity and other factors for a given subject or scene for high quality digital photography that is simple and effortless even for first-time digital photographers. This feature retains settings when the user asks someone else to take a picture or when a user has lost track of camera settings.
Double anti-shake protection
High-Sensitivity anti-shake mode
When the Optio E90's Digital SR mode detects low-lighting conditions in still-image shots, the camera automatically raises sensitivity to as high as ISO 1600, making it possible to use a faster shutter speed to minimize adverse effects of camera and subject movement under poor lighting conditions.
Movie SR mode**
Pentax Movie SR mode allows the Optio E90 to digitally minimize camera shake to prevent blurry footage in movie recording mode.
** When the Movie SR mode is selected, the angle of view becomes narrower than normal shooting.
Digital filters for personal, creative touches
The Optio E90 comes equipped with six digital filters to add various visual effects to recorded images without a computer including Monochrome, Sepia, and a new Starburst filter to create cross, heart or star-shaped highlights from nighttime illuminations or reflections on the water. Users may apply multiple filters to a single image.
Digital Panorama mode to compose extra-wide-perspective images
The Optio E90 features the creative Digital Panorama mode that automatically creates a single panoramic picture from as many as three images. Users simply move the camera sideways (or up and down) as they capture images and follow instructions to stitch the images together. This mode captures expansive subjects, such as spectacular landscapes or high-rise buildings that may not be captured in a single standard-format image.
- Large 2.7-inch, high-brightness color LCD monitor with approximately 230,000 dots for comfortable viewing of images and menus
- Recording of beautiful movie clips (640 x 480 pixels) almost equal in quality to those recorded by a video camera
- World-time function to keep track of local time for 75 cities in 28 time zones around the world
- Image recovery function to retrieve accidentally erased images
- MediaImpression 2.0 for Pentax image viewing, editing and filing software included (compatible with latest operation systems, such as Windows 7 and Mac OS X 10.6)
- High-speed continuous shooting mode to record 16 images (fixed at 640 x 480 pixels) in a mere two seconds