summer boutiques-francophones Learn more vpcflyout Pets All-New Kindle sports Tools

on October 3, 2008
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. The first half outlines Steve's framework for personal development based on 7 principles: Truth, Love, Power, Oneness, Authority, Courage, and Intelligence. The second half applies these principles to various areas of life: Habits, Careers, Money, Health, Relationships, and Spirituality.

Throughout both sections many practical tips and exercises are provided which I found quite valuable. I also loved the book's organization - it was very logically and flowed smoothly from one chapter to the next.

One thing I found missing was the use of diagrams or pictures. I particularly expected mind-maps at the start of each chapter. I also would have liked to see a little more content in certain chapters in the second half of the book. Despite this, I still think the book deserves 5 out of 5 stars.

I have posted a fuller review on my website. Disclaimer: I received a free electronic review copy to review for my blog.
on February 3, 2009
I really enjoyed this book and am currently reading it a second time. Unlike so many 'personal development' and 'self-help' books this one doesn't make sensational promises. There is no religious subtext or reference to pseudoscience for credibility. Instead he's identified several key areas we must address to lead happier, more satisfying lives: Truth, Love, and Power. He clearly explains what he means by each of these and specific ways to improve in each area.

It's written in a very straightforward style with almost no filler. I read with a highlighter and will highlight a sentence every few pages in a typical book. After a single reading there's almost no pages without a yellow streak and many have several. The ideas are strong and stay with you throughout the day, making them easy to apply and learn from.
on July 10, 2013
This is a must read for everyone! It provides a sincere, and very real, description of life itself, kind of like when gravity was discovered and people finally understood why objects always fall back to the ground. It is absolutely amazing!
on November 9, 2014
Reading this book helped me to think more consciously. The book was structured effectively and explained the concepts clearly and thoroughly.
on December 4, 2014
A big waste of time. It consists of Steve gloating about how awesome he is. There are so many better reads out there.
on November 19, 2015