Compare Offers on Amazon
+ CDN$ 9.85 shipping
+ CDN$ 13.60 shipping
PetSafe Contain 'N Train In-Ground Fence System
|List Price:||CDN$ 329.99|
|Price:||CDN$ 247.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 82.00 (25%)|
- Electronic dog-training system keeps pets safely in the yard
- Up to 5 acres for containment and 150 yards in flat open terrain for training
- Water-resistant battery-operated receiver; collar fits neck sizes 8 to 21 inches
- 4 stimulation levels; 2 separate tones; instructional materials included
- Receiver measures 3-1/2 by 3/4 by 1-3/4 inches; transmitter measures 1-3/4 by 5/8 by 3-1/2 inches; limited lifetime warranty
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Innotek. The quicker way to a better behaved dog. Having a better behaved dog has never been quicker or easier. You can spend more time playing and less time training. Innotek electronic training and fencing products have just the right touch, just when you need it. The Products Designed and Supported by Professionals. Innotek products are designed by professionals to be the fastest way to a better behaved dog and they're supported by professionals too. Call the Free Training hotline and they will gladly walk you through your training challenge. Call as often as you wish, the help is always free. Discover the difference it makes when you use the right tool for the job. Basic Contain N' Train and Deluxe Contain N' Train. Innotek's exclusive Contain N' Train systems feature two training functions in one. It keeps your dog in the safety of your yard and offers the control of a handheld transmitter for the same freedom away from home. This system installs easily with common household tools. Patented run-through prevention offers secure, reliable containment. For use in the US only. This unit is compatible with all US 110v outlets and are not to be used with 220v international voltage.
From the Manufacturer
At PetSafe brand, we are passionate about creating innovative behavioral, containment and lifestyle product solutions to give you more great moments with your pets.
About the PetSafe Contain 'N Train In-Ground Fence System
This Contain 'N' Train system does double-duty: it keeps your dog contained to the safety of your property and also includes a handheld remote to help you in training your dog. Create a buried wire perimeter up to 5 acres in size to give your dog the freedom to roam. The water-resistant collar works with both the fencing signal and your remote control. For training, take your dog to the park, attach his collar and operate the remote up to 150 meter away. Just add your training patience!
- For dogs 3.6 kg and up
- Fits neck sizes up to 57 cm
- Range up to 137 metres
- Covers up to 13 ares (1/3 acre/0.13 hectares) with included boundary wire
- Expandable up to 200 ares/5 acres/2 hectares (additional wire and flags required)
- Early warning tone: alerts your dog he is about to receive static stimulation if he doesn't go back
- Anti-Linger prevents a dog from lingering in the warning zone area & draining the battery
- Handheld remote has 4 static stimulation levels plus positive & negative tone training
- Tone-only mode alerts your pet with a beep
- 4 adjustable levels of static stimulation
- Add a second dog with an additional Contain 'N Train Receiver Collar
- Run Through Prevention- Static Stimulation increases if your dog tries to run through the boundary zone
- Water-resistant Receiver Collar and Remote Transmitter
- Collar uses 1 3-volt lithium battery. Transmitter uses 1 12-volt battery.
- Transmitter battery usually lasts 2 months. Collar battery usually lasts 300 hours in training mode, 250 hours in dual mode and 2 months in containment mode.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The other thing that does irritate, is that they have the zone system, but it does not work with the SD train and contain line. So you must spend some more money for another type of collar and system. Why can't they just have a universal system that all of the extras work with? And please don't give my some mumbo jumbo about it, for I am an engineer and know what does and doesn't work, and what can be designed and what can't. Like my sign said in my classroom "I always wanted to be and Engineer, now I are one". I don't know if the new IUC line works with the contain n train, because the literature is severly lacking and un-informative as to how things work, and what they work with.
My chocolate lab has gone through four collars, one failed outright within the warranty period, three have cost me around $40 from Innotek. My dog's not particularly rough on the collars, but if there were means to open the collar receiver, I may have been able to repair the unit myself. Two of the instances, the parts inside the receiver can be heard rattling around inside. While the support staff is very helpful, I feel that I've have paid for this system twice by now, in the "warranty replacment" collars I've received (at a fee). I've read that Innotek's QC has fallen to the wayside, and if I didn't have to return this collar in order to get a new one, I'd take the chance on cracking it open to attempt a repair.
When working, it runs fine. Like other systems, read the directions, know the limitations, and it will work as advertised.
The only problems we have had have been user error, mostly from being a bit lazy & not burying areas we should have & the wire breaking - moose tripping on it, not noticing that utilities workers had disturbed it, etcetera. We have had almost no problems for the past 8 years since we fully buried it. It's actually easy to bury though, used an edger tool to cut the turf a bit & slipped the wire under probably not even an inch- just so it won't catch the mower or anything crossing it. Crossing paved driveways was, however, more challenging since I had to cut a slot with a circular saw, lay the wire, & cover with caulk.
We have had 2-3 dogs at a time over the years and they are free to roam our 2 acres, yet we have been able to create zones that keep them out of various "islands" like gardens.
The savings from a conventional fence is huge, the aesthetics are of course better, allowing a more decorative fence if you prefer instead of a chain link fence that some dogs will still dig under.