Compare Offers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
PetSafe Easy Walk Harness, Small, Black
|List Price:||CDN$ 22.99|
|Price:||CDN$ 19.27 & FREE Shipping on orders over CDN$ 25. Details|
|You Save:||CDN$ 3.72 (16%)|
- Easy Walk harnesses discourage pulling on the leash
- Quick snap buckles on shoulder and belly straps for easy on and off
- 4 adjustment points for maximum comfort and reliable fit
- 4 adjustment points for maximum comfort and reliable fit
- Belly strap is a complementary colour to make it easy to tell up from down
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
The EasyWalk Harness is designed to gently discourage dogs from pulling while walking on a leash. Unlike traditional collars, the EasyWalk harness never causes coughing, gagging or choking because the chest strap rests low across the breastbone. The unique front-chest leash attachment stops pulling by steering your dog to the side and redirecting his attention to you.
From the Manufacturer
For a pet that’s a real joy to own.
At PetSafe brand, we are passionate about creating innovative behavioural, containment and lifestyle product solutions to give you more great moments with your pets
Easy Walk Harness
The perfect solution for a well-behaved dog
The Easy Walk Harness is designed to gently discourage dogs from pulling while walking on a lead. Unlike traditional harnesses, the Easy Walk Harness does not cause coughing, gagging or choking because the chest strap rests low across the breastbone. Its unique front-chest lead attachment stops pulling by steering your dog to the side and redirecting his attention towards you. The quick snap buckles make the harness easy to put on and remove, whilst four adjustment points provide maximum comfort for the dog.
- Discourages pulling on the lead
- No choking, gagging or coughing
- Doesn’t require special techniques
- For when you need extra control
- Ideal for everyday walking
- Recommended by vets and trainers
- Use from 8 weeks old
How it works – the opposition reflex
All dogs have a natural opposition reflex - if you push against them, they push back. If you pull them back, they pull away. So any harness that pulls from the dog’s back, actually works against the owner by increasing the dog's instinct to pull forward away from the owner.
On the Easy Walk Harness the lead attachment is on the front of the Harness – in the chest area (not on their back). So when the dog pulls, the pressure is applied to the chest area which activates the dog’s opposition reflex and their natural instinct lean back against the pressure - rather than moving away from it – thus reducing the pulling.
Fitting the Harness
Fit the Shoulder Strap
1. Open the quick snap buckle on the belly strap.
2. Place the shoulder strap over the dog’s head with the chest strap resting on the dog’s chest.
3. Adjust the shoulder strap so that the connector ring sits above and behind the dog’s shoulder.
Fit the Belly Strap
1. Tighten the shoulder strap to a comfortably snug fit, allowing for just a finger’s width underneath. The snug fit is required because the girth creates the “foundation” that keeps the harness in place.
2. When the girth (shoulder and belly straps combined) is fitted correctly, it should resemble a vertical line.
3. When adjusted correctly, the chest strap will be horizontal, resting over the dog’s breastbone. It should sit nearly parallel to the ground and should not 'hang down' or gap.
4. Attach the 1.8 nylon lead to the D-ring on the chest strap.
Fit the Chest Strap
1. After you have the girth properly secured, begin to fit the chest strap. Gently press fingers on lower front of dog’s chest to locate the breastbone.
2. Adjust each portion of the chest strap equally to keep the D-ring in the centre.
Key Product Features
- Stops lead pulling quickly and comfortably
- Unique front-chest lead attachment
- Martingale chest loop redirects forward motion
- Steers dogs to the side and re-directs attention onto the owner
- Soft but strong nylon construction provides maximum comfort
- Four adjustment points allows a reliable fit
- Two quick snap-buckles on the shoulder and belly straps allow simple and easy fitting
- Easy to identify each strap (due to alternate complimentary colour of belly strap)
- Never causes coughing, gagging or choking
- Lead and Fitting Guide included
- Suitable for dogs with a girth of: Extra Small: 30 cm – 40 cm, Small: 38 cm – 51 cm, Medium: 51 cm – 71 cm, Large: 66 cm – 91 cm, Extra Large: 86 cm – 117 cm
- Extra Small: Minature Dog Breeds
- Small: Jack Russell, Yorkshire Terrier
- Medium: Border Collie, Spaniel
- Large: Labrador, Golden Retriever, German Shepherd
- Extra Large: Giant breeds and oversized dogs
PetSafe Training Tips
Train your dog. Enjoy your walk
Good training can be quickly undone by well-meaning family and friends. Initially, practice training where there are minimal distractions. Once the task has been learnt, gradually introduce distractions to test the learning. An important principle of dog training is gaining and keeping a dog’s attention. You cannot teach a dog anything until you have mastered attention training. Before anything else, train your dog to give you its undivided attention and eye contact.
Trainers must acknowledge that all training imposes restrictions on a dog’s freedom to some degree. Owners then have a moral obligation to give something back to balance this loss and maintain their dog’s quality of life. If you train a dog not to chase squirrels you need to throw a lot of balls for it to chase instead.
Top Customer Reviews
I used this leash for months and was left unsatisfied. Although the design is good with the leash clasping to the front of the dog's body rather than the back, it still enabled my dog to pull too much. With the harness wrapped around his chest, I was left powerless when he pulled. As well, the harness chaffed his stomach and left a raw patch.
I've seen plenty of dog owners successfully use this harness and I would suggest it for smaller dogs than my lab (or even dogs with better leash manners than my troublemaker). If you have a large dog who loves to pull then I'd highly recommend the Gentle Leader Head Collar as I have nothing but good things to say about it and it has completely changed my dog walks.
This harness unbuckles in three different places, making it easy to strap it on any dog, even if the dog is fussy. Immediately my dog has stopped their extreme pulling habits and now walks beside me instead of in front of me. The harness even comes with a decent matching leash!
This harness gives you more control over how your dog walks. If your dog pulls, this harness will redirect them. The front portion that the leash clips on also moves side to side for easier walking.
My only issue is that the medium size is still too big for my dog (who is small-medium in size) even though we have tightened all the possible straps. However, the small version of this harness is way too small, even after maximizing all the straps. There is no comfortable in-between size for my dog, unfortunately, so I had to take apart the medium strap and resew it to a more comfortable size.
Overall, great product. It is not an overnight solution for pulling, but will greatly help you teach your dog proper walking techniques. To stop pulling overall, you will have to work with your dog.
I do suggest watching the products Youtube video on how to properly fit the harness. If you do not properly fit the harness you can end up with chafing under your dogs legs.
with this harness. When choosing a harness it is important to have the clip at the CHEST in order to reduce pulling (as compared to having the clip at the back or top of the neck). Very few harnesses have the clip in the proper place and dogs end up leading/pulling (as in a search and rescue situation). This is the only harness we use in a city walk situation and when we want our pup beside us. When we do a trail walk, a clip at the front is in the way so we switch harnesses to allow the drag line to clip to a back clip.
THis a great harness at a very, very good price.
Most recent customer reviews
What a life saver! I refused to walk my boxer puppy for weeks with a normal collar, this makes my life so much easier an controls him wonderfully !Published 3 days ago by Tanya
Worked great! Did not stop pulling completely but greatly reduced it. Walked two strong pullers together and had no problems and they were easy to control. Read morePublished 24 days ago by lopearedrabbit
Makes a big difference with pulling. Most harnesses attach on the back, and dogs will instinctively lean into any pressure pulling them backwards. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Sarah
Harness was brand new and high quality as if I had bought it in a retail store. My dog is comfortable in it and it arrived quickly!Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
Its a good harness for my dog that is pulling on the walks, the only complain that I have is with the sizing. My dog is a medium dog (40 lb) and in between size. Read morePublished 3 months ago by julia