Peterson Field Guide to Birds of North America Paperback – Aug 1 2008
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"This new field guide should solidify Peterson's already monumental place in the history of birding." Cleveland Plain Dealer
"This book is a classic with updated information." - Birding Business
About the Author
Roger Tory Peterson, one of the world's greatest naturalists, received every major award for ornithology, natural science, and conservation as well as numerous honorary degrees, medals, and citations, including the Presidential Medal of Freedom. The Peterson Identification System has been called the greatest invention since binoculars. These editions include updated material by Michael O'Brien, Paul Lehman, Bill Thompson III, Michael DiGiorgio, Larry Rosche, and Jeffrey A. Gordon.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Large, easy to see illustrations, distinguishing bird characteristics are pointed out for you. Multiple tips for ID: bird silhouettes, side view, flying view, motions, etc.
Heavy stock glossy paper, good quality printing.
On the down side, because this book covers all of North America it is pretty heavy to be carrying around with you. Best left at home.
Highly recommended. If you will have just one reference book, then this is a must have. Amazon delivered quickly and at a good price, a pleasure to shop here.
Most recent customer reviews
I have many books on birds and this one is the best.
Nice details in the paintings that are very helpful.
It is very well organized.
I love it. :-)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Biological Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Zoology > Ornithology
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Ecology
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Animals > Birds & Birdwatching
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Fauna > Birds & Birdwatching
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Reference
- Patio, Lawn & Garden > Backyard Birding & Wildlife