Pharmacoepidemiology Hardcover – Oct 10 2005
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"…a useful text that should be considered a standard in this specialty area." (The Annals of Pharmacotherapy, May 2006)
"…a highly useful introduction to pharmacoepidemiology. It also serves as a key reference for people interested in this new field." (Doody's Health Services)
From the Back Cover
In recent years the public has clearly become markedly more interested in assuring the safety and effectiveness of its medicines. It is also critical that available medicines are used optimally, by both health care practitioners and patients. We need to know the extent to which an intervention does what it is really intended to do, under routine circumstances rather than ideal conditions, for those who receive it. Appropriate and valid pharmacoepidemiology methods are central to evaluating the safety and effectiveness of medicines and their use. Brian Strom’s book, now in its fourth edition, is the comprehensive text for such evaluations.
It provides methods, details of potential data sources, and information about evaluating the results and drawing conclusions. The successful layout and easy to read style is retained while the topics have been thoroughly revised to document the developments in the field.
"This is an important and comprehensive contribution to an essential area of scientific and public health enquiry and will be of use both as an introduction to pharmacoepidemiology and as a reference source for academics, public health practitioners, regulatory agencies, the pharmaceutical industry and the law."
—International Journal of Epidemiology
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine
- Books > Medical Books > Pharmacology > Clinical
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Biostatistics
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Infectious Disease > Epidemiology
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Pharmacology
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Basic Sciences > Pharmacology
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Reference
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Research > Epidemiology