Auto boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage SmartSaver Cyber Monday Deals Week in Home & Kitchen Kindle Music Deals Store SGG Countdown to Cyber Monday in Lawn & Garden

on December 2, 2012
The Sonicare Healthy White is now the 3rd Sonicare Toothbrush that I've purchased in just under 20 years...

Since I first began using the Sonicare all those years ago, it greatly improved my dental visits and I can assuredly say that I would never go back to a regular manual toothbrush...

I love the Healthy White. It's got everything I was looking for. I love the Smartimer, the Quadpacer, and the extra 30 seconds of cleaning if I so choose and so on. Sure other Sonicare models might have a few more bells and whistles but this model is perfect for my needs...I don't need it to do a load of laundry, I just want it to clean my choppers...

The very first Sonicare I bought was The Sonicare Advance model and I purchased it for $187. Keeping in mind that this was about 20 years ago so back then that was a lot of money for a toothbrush. It had the Smartimer and was a basic model, nothing super extraordinary but I loved lasted somewhere around 12 years and then I bought a similar model (also an Advance model) and although it had the Smartimer (which I think they all do), my second Sonicare toothbrush did not have the Quadpacer...

The Sonicare has been constantly improving with various features for various models and I was beginning to find it somewhat hard to find the proper brush heads for my late model and although I could still find them (online), they were a bit of pain to pinpoint...sometimes they would go for a small ransom...I was starting to feel that my Sonicare might give up the ghost and so I decided that since I've had it for about 8 years that I could probably buy another 2 pack of the old standard heads and hope it would keep going OR I could just buy a brand new model with the easy to find heads and treat myself! I also thought it would be a bit wasteful to buy the old heads for my older model Sonicare just to have it peter out potentially leaving me with a brush head or two that was no longer of use to me...

Enter the Healthy has easy to find brush heads and I'm thrilled with it's performance so far...I can't believe how much I missed my Quadpacer! I'm ecstatic to have it back!!

When I registered my toothbrush for the warranty, Philips gave me another 6 months on top of the 2 year warranty that is commonly given...

I am very happy that I purchased this brush and I highly reccommend using the Sonicare...
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Replaced my old Phillips Sonicare toothbrush which was about 7 yrs old and the only thing wrong with it was the old tip where the head attaches was broken so my toothbrush vibrated more and louder than under normal use. Could really have continued using it but I decided to upgrade to this brush in order to get the lovely travel case - way better than the one that came with my original brush.

This toothbrush has 3 settings and the travel case holds the base plus 2 separate brush heads and has venting for between uses.

Only suggestion I would make for Sonicare is please come up with a travel sanitiser :) It would be amazing if the hard travel case could somehow sanitise my brush heads as well as store them.
on December 16, 2011
I purchased this toothbrush almost a year and a half ago. Initially i loved it. It got into the hard to reach places around my teeth and did a thorough job of getting my mouth clean. While there's three different settings, I found I only used the first setting since all three setting felt pretty much the same and I couldn't see or feel a difference. In the future I would not pay more for additional brush settings.

I used this brush almost daily, alternating with a regular non-motorized toothbrush, and sometimes twice daily. After a year and 4 months this brush is kaput. The only time it works is on the charger and that's only to buzz that it's out of battery charge. So there's no way to get it to work productively in any way. Philips customer service was of no help. There wasn't even any agents to answer my call online or over the phone. The call window even told me, "There are no agents online". This was during regular business hours on a weekday. Hmm. According to my sister, who is on her 4th sonicare, these toothbrushes typically die after a year. Her first brush almost made it to the year mark and when she was able to get ahold of Philips, they told her there was nothing she could do and to buy another one. Philips offered her a refurbished model for a slight discount from the suggested retail. Luckily that one lasted about 2 years, a milestone for these toothbrushes.

All-in-all this was a great toothbrush for the time that it worked, but expect it to last about a year and then plan for a replacement. I think forking out about $120 -$150 dollars for a toothbrush every 18 months or so to be a little extravagant. Maybe i'll pick up the double pack of Healthwhite sonicare toothbrushes from Costco, that way I'll have a spare when the first one inevitably dies after a year or so.
on January 1, 2014
This is an excellent toothbrush. I've had an electric toothbrush for years and it was time for a new one. I asked my dentist what he recommended and he told me sonicare was a good one, so I decided to look into this brand. It's a great product and cleans my teeth very well. I purchased it through Amazon because it was by far the cheapest option. I'd definitely recommend it.
on July 17, 2015
This is a great toothbrush! I've been sweating by it for years, since a friend bought one for us for Christmas. It cleans my teeth much better than if I did it manually. It also helps my wife immensely as she has frequent issues with her teeth. The deeper, better clean she gets reduces the amount of cavities she gets and has also reduced the need for oral surgery.
on January 30, 2013
Product arrived quickly. Works like a charm- I like the timer function otherwise I brush too long or too short. After registering I got 6 months more warranty. It holds a charge well, was able to use it twice a day for a week without charging. Have not had it long enough to know how long it will last before needing replacement but the warranty period is excellent.
on May 16, 2015
I bought this set from Costco. One of the handles died (could not be recharged) shortly after two-year warranty period ran out. The black rubber part on top of handle disintegrated on both handles after one year of use!
on August 27, 2015
My only complaint about this purchase is that I find it very difficult to turn off. I have arthritis in my hands and, in order to turn off the toothbrush, I need to press of the off button with my two thumbs.
on July 2, 2015
Outperformed expectations. I especially like the feature that buzzes every thirty seconds to move on to the next area. A real time saver over a regular toothbrush.
on October 8, 2015
Wow, what a great job this toothbrush does? In only a couple of weeks my teeth are already whiter and feel great. Best product I've ever used!

See 1 answered question