biss Up to 40% Off CBC's Canada Reads 2016 Shortlist boutiques-francophones Simple and secure cloud storage vpcflyout Furniture All-New Kindle Paperwhite Own the 2016 GRAMMY Nominee Album featuring the Biggest Hits from Music's Biggest Night Exercice Tools

on December 6, 2014
Pretty good in the shower for the part under your boys but before the b hole, yea dig?

Quick shipping
0Comment45 of 47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 28, 2011
I was very skeptical at first about using this but after 30 mins of being extra careful, I realized how safe of a product this is. It's great to use in the shower (when using the foil head) that it does not irritate the skin and the trimmer is heavenly for the bushier areas! I highly recommend this product for those with some skepticism to shaving their sensitive areas.

Well worth the cost and I only used it once so far. WIll buy future products from Philips.
0Comment41 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2015
Hands down my favourite purchase of the year. I would consider myself about a 6 out of 10 on the hairy side. I have trimmed and shaved nearly every part of my body below the neck. The only thing I would say that did not work well for me was shaving my back. Had a hard time reaching and seeing what I was doing. Every other part works great.

You reall have to dedicate some serious time for your first shave/trim. It took me about an hr to do my legs, the amount hair that came off was crazy. I swept it up and it did not all fit in the dust pan. Definitely would not use in the shower unless you were just doing some maintanence.

If you are a hairy guy you would want to do some planning, as you are going to make a huge mess.

Battery lasts longer then I could shave for. Charges in under an hr..

I really can't emphasize just how great and how clean I feel getting all that nasty hair off. As Amazon says treat yourself and get one of these.
on January 29, 2013
I've always wanted to get a body groomer, so I did my homework and came across this one. Reviews all seemed to be pretty good in general, so i went ahead and got it.

I have particularly sensitive skin when it comes to shaving. I had tried with the blade a few times, but that just really irritated my skin. So finding the right groomer was a must. I have to say that the overall use of the groomer is pretty good I guess. I don't have anything to compare to. But for my first time, and maybe because my hair was a bit too long, I found that there was a little tugging happening, which was a little unpleasant. But by the 3rd time, it had almost stopped. So grooming on a regular basis is important. I also find that (and maybe because I have coarser hair) that i have to go over an area 2 or 3 times in order to get everything properly groomed.

The charge seems to last fairly long. I can go 3 or 4 times without having to recharge it, which is great.

It still an overall great groomer, but I was expecting it to be maybe a tade better.
on March 15, 2015
The product build quality is rock solid. The battery lasts a long time, though I don't use it that often.

From my experience over the last few years with it...

The trimmer side works well for trimming chest and beard hair and such.

I find the other side pulls hair and knicks the skin too often to be usable, especially when trying to tackle sensitive areas of the body. I no longer use it for such purposes. Your mileage may vary.

I would not buy this again.
on July 1, 2014
This thing is rad

I'm a pretty hairy guy. The hair on my arms and legs is long, thin, and quite bushy. This thing, put it on the "5" setting (11m hair length), and it trims the hair down and makes my arms look 50% less hairy, and still looks plausible for being my natural arm hair length. There are 5 different body grooming lengths to choose from, allowing you to trim specific places shorter than others.
This thing is a game changer. I'm happy that I can look forward to wearing all kinds of clothes and t shirts exposing my body and not have to worry about looking too hairy. I haven't tried any other body grooming products but I don't have any reason to, I'll hang onto this thing as long as I can.
on March 14, 2012
Bought this after checking out several other devices (most notably my favorite brand Remington let me down) and for the price I don't think you can find anything better. It comes with a neat little stand where you can leave the razor, the power cord plugs into the base and a little brush for cleaning. The bottom attachment is used for longer hair and is multi-length adjustable. My only concern would be if you ever broke the plastic but I guess you could order a replacement on an auction site or something.

The performance is fantastic, they rate it at an 8 hour charge for 50 minutes of use and I'd say it's very close to that. The charge doesn't seem to take anywhere near that long either, mine is always fully charged after about 3-4 hours. I'm a really hairy guy but this thing holds up well, it has yet to run out of juice while I'm chest/back/etc. No nicks or scratches either so it's very safe for genitals and buttocks. The contouring head is nice for doing areas which are awkward to reach too, it's particularly helpful for your back.

It still doesn't get down to the level of a blade but I doubt anything ever will, that said it closes very close. I usually do most of my body with this then take 5 minutes to touch up with a blade. It's very easy to clean and oil, the head attachments pop right out and I recommend you at least brush it every few uses as hair accumulates quickly.

All in all I couldn't be happier with this, well done Philips.
0Comment28 of 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2014
Its great for body hair and okay for facial hair. I would recommend this.. plus I like the length guide because its not a bunch of little clip ons like most units but rather a moveable thing up and down... just wish you could trim a little shorter with the guide but still really awsome for the price.
on October 13, 2015
Absolutely one of the best trimmers I have ever used. The build quality is outstanding - it feels premium and well built with high quality components. The charging dock leaves a little to be desired but that's being far too picky. The battery actually lasts far longer than I anticipated, it is waterproof and makes cleaning easy and allows use in the shower.

If you have short arms or are stiff, it can be hard to reach your back for trimming, but otherwise the size of the device is great. The trimmer and the shaving head are both very effective at getting all kinds of hair and the included head for adjusting length is very precise. Probably the best trimmer you can purchase for the price. I actually also use the trimming side for trimming my beard (I do not like being completely clean shaven). It does not nick or tug on any of my hair and works better than any trimmer I have previously used - I don't use the shaving head as much but the few times I have used it, it was perfect.

PROS:
Fantastic build quality - very premium feeling
Incredibly effective trimming / shaving without any tugging or nicking
Battery lasts far longer than expected
Waterproof
Easy cleaning
It charges very quickly
Quality-Price ratio
Replaceable shaver heads

CONS (insignificant criticisms):
- Charging dock is cheap and odd (sometimes the device slips off of the charging plates)
- May not be long enough to reach your back depending on your arm length/flexibility
- Almost lost the length adjusting head because it's tiny and you can slip it off all the way.
on October 3, 2015
If you are looking at this product, you probably already know you need to buy it. I read a lot of reviews before ordering this groomer. I guess I am fortunate that I don't look like I'm wearing a sweater when I take off my shirt. But, if you are and you don't like it, stop reading here and just hit the buy button.

There comes a time in a guy's life when, as a comedian I once heard, but whose name I cannot recall (also a sign of aging), said: "There is a point where the hair on your head stops growing when you need it to. And then starts growing everywhere else." For me, it was my lower back that was driving me crazy. I had tried couple other trimmers which were likely meant for hair on the head and neck, etc but they were awkward, corded and drew blood occasionally. Using a razor and shaving cream was simply too time consuming and I needed to be double-jointed to operate the razor and mirror in concert. I tried the chemical hair removal lotion, but could not stand the stink of it even with the bathroom window open. The smell lingered, likely only in my mind, but I would always fear I smelled like burning cat for hours after.

So, in conclusion this is definitely a good buy. The hair in the back and the front gets trimmed properly, so as not to get yanked in the "belt-meets-jeans" pinch point. As well, it also easily neatens up those stragglers that sometimes overflow the collar area. For those that need or elect to expand or operate more aggressively, I have no doubt this item will work for you. I understand it works in the shower as well. I have not tried that, but it charges fast, it seems well made, is simple to use, and does what it says.