ince 2007, "Phineas and Ferb" is an animated show that has been entertaining children on the Disney Channel with its running gags, interesting and hilarious characters. With each episode, Phineas and Ferb are both working on a project and each time, their sister Candace is always scheming to finally bust them. Meanwhile, the evil scientist Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz is up to no good and Major Monogram and the secret agent Perry the Platypus (Agent P) are doing all they can to stop Doofenshmirtz.
With the Christmas holiday season around the corner, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment is releasing "Phineas and Ferb: A Very Perry Christmas" featuring six episodes and plenty of special features.
"Phineas and Ferb: A Very Perry Christmas" comes with the following episodes. Included are:
* Phineas & Ferb Christmas Vacation (Season 2, Episode 84) - Dr. Doofenshmirtz wants to ruin the Christmas holiday for everyone. Meanwhile, the boys and their friends try to save Christmas.
* Interview with a Platypus (Season 2, Episode 49) - The boys build a device to find out if they can translate Perry's noises. Meanwhile, Dr. Doofenshmirtz wants to flood the Tri-State Area.
* Oh, There You Are, Perry (Season 2, Episode 64) - Parry is re-assigned to a new villain, meanwhile the boys think that their pet platypus is missing and Candace blames herself for Perry's disappearance.
* Chez Platypus (Season 2, Episode 56) - Phineas and Ferb open a platypus-themed restaurant. Dr. Doofenshmirtz dates a woman who is also interested in evil things.
* Perry Lays an Egg (Season 2, Episode 57) - Phineas and Ferb find an egg and think it belongs to Perry. Meanwhile, Dr. Doofenshmirtz wants revenge against the whales.
VIDEO & AUDIO:
"Phineas and Ferb" is presented in widescreen (1:78:1) - enhanced for 16×9 televisions and is presented in Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound and French and Spanish Language Tracks and subtitles.
"Phineas and Ferb" sports vibrant colors and for the most part, picture quality should be fine for the children. If anything, the series is known for its unique character design and for the most part, the animation is quite enjoyable to watch because it's quite different with the characters and their geometric shaped heads.
Dialogue and music are clear and are heard clearly through the front and center channels. Subtitles are in English, French, Portuguese and Spanish.
"Phineas and Ferb: A Very Perry Christmas" comes with:
* Phineas & Ferb's Virtual Fireplace - An animated virtual fireplace.
* Dr. D's Xmas Jukebox-Inator - Sing the six songs from the "Phineas & Ferb Christmas Vacation" episode.
* Christmas-Perry-Oki - (33:50) Watch the "Phineas & Ferb Christmas Vacation" episode with karaoke titles during the musical portion.
* Letters to Santa - Select a character from "Phineas and Ferb" to find out what they wished for Christmas in their letter for Santa (which are read by Santa).
* Keep on Buildin' - (12:04) Get to learn how the creators of "Phineas and Ferb" create a song for an episode.
* "Doof Side of the Moon" (Season 2, Episode 107) - (10:59) A bonus episode of "Phineas and Ferb". Phineas and Ferb build a big building, meanwhile Candace enlists Irving's brother Albert to help her bust her brothers.
The following Easter Eggs can be accessed on this DVD (from L to R):
* Christmas tree ornament on tree - Watch Baljeet do something.
* Purple present under tree - (6:10) The crew (Dan Povenmire and Jeff "Swampy" Marsh and many of the staff) and voice talent take part in a joke on one of the director's of "Phineas and Ferb".
* Wreath under snowman - Watch Phineas and Ferb do something.
* Grey sock - Watch Candace do something.
* Orange and blue stocking - Watch Dr. Doofenshmirtz do something.
* Red ribbon (above special features) - Watch Perry the Platypus do something.
"Phineas and Ferb: A Very Perry Christmas" comes with a slip over case.
At our home, somehow "Phineas and Ferb" has become my 7-year-old son's favorite animated series. Every day he watches the show and interesting enough, I can hear both he and my wife singing the show's theme song and even my wife has talked about how she enjoys watching "Phines and Ferb" alongside with him.
As for me, I knew nothing about the show and I felt like a kid asking my son many questions of who is that character and that character and what is the plot of the series? So, this DVD was actually my first foray into the world of "Phineas & Ferb" and for my son, this DVD was in his words..."Awesome!".
Because truthfully, I just thought it was a special Christmas episode and then when that episode was done, there were five more episodes to watch. And then you get to the main menu and there are Easter Eggs hidden throughout the menu, special features and you get another bonus episode of "Phineas and Ferb", how cool is that?
Although, I may not have grasped the concept of why Phineas and Ferb's older sister Candace is trying to bust her little brothers or why there is a secret agent platypus, I realize that this series is beloved by many, and my young son and my wife are among that demographic who love this series so much that I hear them singing the theme song nearly daily.
The episodes I did watch were fun but of course, my son can probably give the best description of this DVD and he just had one word to describe this DVD and that was "awesome"!
As a parent, the episodes were safe and fun to watch and I have to admit, for a children's DVD, Disney has definitely released an impressive package with six episodes of "Phineas & Ferb" and many special features to go along with this entire DVD. I was very impressed by this DVD and I can definitely recommend this to parents or grandparents who want to keep their children entertained during the holiday season or a DVD for them to watch during those long holiday commutes.
Overall, this is a solid release of "Phineas and Ferb" which fans of the series can't go wrong with it and really, there is nothing I can even fault or say anything negative about because you get so much in this DVD release. For fans of "Phineas and Ferb", "Phineas and Ferb: A Very Perry Christmas", my son gives this DVD five stars and a very big "AWESOME!".