'...an ideal book to take a look at if you are thinking of becoming, or have recently become, a professional photographer earning money from your work' (ePHOTOzine, April 2013) 'An often taken for granted, but crucial part of becoming a professional photographer. Sound advice, well delivered.' (Digital SLR Photography, July 2013) "Including useful graphics, tables and photos, it's an informative, honest book." (What Digital Camera, January 2014)
From the Back Cover
A successful photography business is 20% photography, 80% business
What sinks so many photo studios? It's not the quality of their work. It's failure to recognize they're running a business. That's why this book is not about planning a shoot, choosing lenses, or using Photoshop. It's the essential, no-nonsense guide to running your photography business.
Lara White has a proven method for getting control of your business so it doesn't control you. Whether you're ready to step up from hobbyist to professional photographer or you're already in business and feeling overwhelmed, this photography course in a book will get you on track.
- Choose your niche and your market
- Gain experience and build your portfolio
- Understand and craft the right photo business plan
- Cover critical accounting, legal, and insurance functions
- Develop your brand, identify the products you'll provide, and establish pricing
- Determine your photography marketing strategy and make sales
- Meet and exceed your clients' expectations
Find more resources at www.PhotoMint.com to help your photography business succeed