- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Photoshop Elements: From Snapshots to Great Shots Paperback – Nov 9 2011
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
It’s amazing how many images the world’s photographers produce! Professional or not, images surround us in our everyday lives. What makes successful photographs stand out? What drives us to revisit the same images over and over?
All images tell a story. Whether they’re produced as works of art, on assignment for National Geographic, or as part of a family vacation, images say more than
just a shutter speed, ISO, or aperture setting. We make images for a reason.
This unique book by photographer/teacher Jerod Foster focuses on visual storytelling and how a deep knowledge of your gear and your personal vision can create stronger images. Storytelling often requires the use of certain lenses, apertures, or light modifiers, but the story is what holds everything together. To become a better storyteller you will explore:
· Composition, light, depth of field, and motion and how to properly use your camera technically to dig deeper.
· Visual themes and how they provide stories with interest and depth.
· Types of shots and shooting styles and what they convey in your images.
· Research and ways to conceptualize your story before shooting.
· Strategies for developing your own effective storytelling workflow during and after the shoot.
This beautifully written and illustrated guide will help you connect the how-to’s of digital photography with the who, what, when, where, and why of storytelling to bring your vision and your images to life!
About the Author
Jeff Revell has been shooting professionally for more than 25 years, and has a wide range of expertise in everything from landscape photography to travel and urban photography. As an early adopter of digital technology, he has been on the leading edge of digital imaging technology, education and instruction. Perhaps best known as the photographer behind the popular "PhotoWalk Pro" blog, each weekday Jeff shares step-by-step tutorials on digital photography technique and editing of digital images. The worldwide appeal of Jeff's site, along with his live PhotoWalks have made him one of the most sought-after and trusted sources for digital photography training and education.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I've had PS Elements for years and taught myself how to use it for editing, but after reading this book my photos are a million times better. I also learned how to effectively tag and organize my stash of photos (10k+, and growing). This simple book has changed my photography forever. If you're new to PS it's a must-have. If you've had it awhile but aren't using all of the features it would still be perfect for you. Get this book, then get any others in the series that fit what you need to learn.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Digital Photography
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Equipment, Techniques & Reference
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Adobe Photoshop
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Digital Photography
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Algorithms > Digital Image Processing
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software > Business > Utilities
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Visual Arts > Photography