No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
PINPOINTS THE NEWEST, MOST ACTIVE PIRATE STATIONS
COVERS THE INTERNET PIRATE RADIO, WITH URL DIRECTORY
EXPERIENCE RADIO'S SWASHBUCKLING SIDE!
74 MINUTES OF AUDIO FROM DOZENS OF UNDERGROUND STATIONS!
Listening to pirate radio is perfectly legal--and frequently an ear-opening experience. This book makes it easier for you to locate and tune in to pirate radio stations--and tells you all about the unlicensed broadcasters who play David to broadcasting conglomerates' Goliath. Inside, pirate radio aficionado and long-time writer on radio, electronics, and audio subjects Andrew Yoder--
* Shows you how to find pirate radio stations on your AM/FM, shortwave, and online radios
* Gives you a CD with audio from dozens of pirate stations
* Explains how pirates have "gone legit" on the Internet, with "how-to-listen" directions, and hard-to-find pirate URLs
* Showcases stations operating since at least 1995
* Provides details on political, local, holiday, and special-events pirates
* Tells you about offshore, European, and pirate stations around the world
* Takes you inside illegal stations, some of which have up to 75 volunteers
* Shows you how the FCC tracks pirates and often enforces its regulations harshly
* Reveals the history of pirate radio from 1925 to today
ANDREW YODER discovered a 40-year old military-surplus Hallicrafters SX-28A in a friend's basement in 1981 at the age of 13. Since then, pirate radio has become the focus of his short-wave-listening hobby. In 1987 and 1988, he wrote the first edition of PIRATE RADIO STATIONS. In 1989, Andrew started the radio logsheet PIRATE PAGES (PiPA), which he published until 1998 to make way for HOBBY BROADCASTING magazine, which has been published ever since. His magazine articles have appeared in ELECTRONICS NOW, POPULAR ELECTRONICS, POPULAR COMMUNICATIONS, RADIO!, etc. He has appeared as a guest on the Art Bell Show, the Voice of America, Radio Netherlands, Allan Handelman Show, WBZ, KOA, WYSP, and many other stations. Of course, he has been a Pittsburgh Pirates fan for nearly his entire life.