Plant Spirit Medicine: The Healing Power of Plants Paperback – Jan 1 1996
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Born in 1946, raised in Chicago, Winnipeg and San Francisco. Anthropology degree, Pomona College, post-graduate work in ethnographic documentary filmmak9ing at UCLA. Began to study and practive herbalism in 1969, then studied acupuncture. Licentiate, Bachelor and Master of Acupuncture degrees from J.R. Worsley at the College of Traditional Acupuncture, Leamington Spa, England, and served on the faculty there, 1979-80. Currently Cowan is the apprentice and designated successor of Don Guadalupe Gonzalez Rios, an elder Huichol Indian shaman and plant spirit healer. Cowan lives in Santa Barbara, California, and spends much time in Mexico and giving workshops and lectures around the world.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Most recent customer reviews
Eliot Cowan's book is both beautiful and inspiring. I couldn't put it down. Anyone interested in spirit, healing, shamanism, and realizing our potential to be in sacred... Read morePublished on Dec 16 2005 by Ann Gelsheimer
This is not your average book about herbalism. It takes the power of healing that plants have and goes beyond symptomatic treatment. Read morePublished on July 10 2000 by Julie
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Alternative Medicine > Healing
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Alternative Medicine > Herbal Remedies
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Alternative Medicine > Native Healing
- Books > Medical Books
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Special Groups > Native American Studies
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Mental & Spiritual Healing
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Occult
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences