How to Play from a Fake Book Paperback – May 30 1999
|New from||Used from|
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Blake Neely is a Hal Leonard author.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Throughout all these lessons, songs are provided to try things out and the chosen songs do, indeed, sound great using the technique explained in the lessons. While learning to play from a single line of music, the songs will show both the treble and bass clef so you can see what your left-hand should be doing. It then will provide some songs with just the treble clef to see if you can do it yourself.
Of course, you, the student, have to take the time to learn these chords. The book shows you what they are, but you have to do your homework -- it will take a great deal of practice for most players to see a chord and instantly be able to finger that chord on the keyboard.Read more ›
Most recent customer reviews
Unless you are a beginner this book is too simple. For me it was a waste of money.Published 13 months ago by Dianne Marie Devereux
Haven't advanced very far in this book but it is already worth the money. Purchased " Praise and Worship" fake book and this book is very helpful in playing the songs in... Read morePublished on Jan. 4 2014 by Sheila Terry
If you follow this book to learn how to play from a fake book, all you will end up with is sounding like you are playing a melody on your right hand, and block chords/arpeggios on... Read morePublished on Dec 29 2003
Para los hispano parlantes: Una invaluable herramienta para entender la manera en que se construye la armonía a partir de un fake-book. Read morePublished on May 28 2001 by Raúl Bigot de la Touanne
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Instruments & Performers > Piano
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Classical > Scores > Forms & Genres > Popular
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Musical Genres > Classical > Scores > Instrumentation > Piano
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Reference
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Songbooks
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Theory, Composition & Performance > Instruction & Study
- Books > Humour & Entertainment > Music > Theory, Composition & Performance > Theory