Polar FT7 Men's Heart Rate Monitor Watch
|Price:||CDN$ 121.75 - CDN$ 343.50|
- •EnergyPointer, for letting you know if your workout is burning fat or improving fitness
- •Polar OwnCal, for calculating the number of kilocalories expended during training
- •Maximum heart rate training records
- •Heart rate and record averages of total exercise
- •Graphical indicators for defined heart rate zones
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Polar FT7 Heart Rate Monitor - For those who want to know if they are improving fitness or burning fat Key Features: EnergyPointer
From the Manufacturer
Maximize Your Workout With The FT7
The FT7 heart rate monitor is an essential tool for those who want to lose weight and improve their fitness. Its easy-to-use Smart Coaching features such as EnergyPointer and Smart Calories will guide and motivate you to make every workout count.
Exercise Guidance & Motivation
Continuously displays your real-time heart rate during exercise. With this information you can gauge your intensity and stay within your target zone to maximize your workout. It's like a personal trainer on your wrist telling you when to slow down or speed up.
The FT7 doesn't just give you numbers, it helps you understand what you are doing and how to improve. After each workout, the FT7 will display a training summary with your average and max heart rate and calories burned. In addition, it keeps track of your last 99 workouts so you can see your fitness improvements.
In the Box
- FT7 Heart Rate Monitor
- H1 Heart Rate Sensor
- Getting Started Guide
Get the Results You Want
H1 Heart Rate Sensor
Includes the comfortable H1 heart rate chest strap. The soft fabric chest strap sensor (also called transmitter) streams continuous, accurate heart rate to the FT7 wrist unit.
- Soft fabric materials adapt to your body shape so you forget it’s even on
- Convenient side hook mechanism makes it quick to put on when you want to start training and easy to take off when you’re finished
- Hand washable
- User replaceable battery
- Strap material: 38% Polyamide, 29% Polyurethane, 20% Elastane, 13% Polyester
- Tip: after each workout, detach H1 transmitter, rinse the strap with water and hang dry
The FT7 helps you workout smarter and stay in your zone. Here's how: the FT7 automatically determines your heart rate target zone using your age-based maximum heart rate (220 minus age). When you exercise out of the preset zone, it will give a visual and audible alarm. This real-time guidance motivates you to pick it up or slow it down. Before you know it, you're hitting your target zone, maximizing your efforts, and getting fitter, faster.
- Continuous, accurate heart rate
- Average and maximum heart rate of training
- Manual target zone – bpm (upper limit)
- Smart Calories: uses your personal data to provide accurate calories burned
- EnergyPointer: shows whether you are burning fat or improving your fitness during your workout
- 99 training files (with summaries)
- Suitable for swimming
- Backlight and user replaceable battery
The Perfect Gym Companion
Join forces with other workout fans just like you and get more out of your exercise.
On polarpersonaltrainer.com, you can plan your workouts in advance, analyze your results, and share it all with your friends. Here you can also monitor your training load and avoid overtraining. Best of all, it’s completely free. To sync your FT7 heart rate monitor, you just need the optional FlowLink accessory (sold separately, not included.)
Bring the FT7 to the gym to track your heart rate and stay in your zone during group classes such as indoor cycling or yoga. Plus, it has coded heart rate transmission to avoid cross-talk with other heart rate monitors in the area and a backlight.
The FT7 also includes an H1 heart rate sensor that syncs with compatible gym equipment. Whether you're jogging on your favorite treadmill or elliptical, your exact heart rate will be displayed.
How Heart Rate Training Works
The Original Heart Rate Monitor
Polar invented the world's first heart rate monitor and pioneered the Smart Coaching training approach that delivers faster progress and better results. Each Polar product includes unique Smart Coaching features that listen to your heart and interpret the data for you so you can train smarter. Here are the Smart Coaching features included in the Polar FT7:
- Smart Calories: Lets you know exactly how many calories you've burned during any activity, even playing with children and swimming.
- EnergyPointer: Shows whether you are burning fat or improving your fitness during your workout
When you exercise, you don’t always have to go faster or harder to get the best results. To reach your goals you just need to workout within the right heart rate intensity zone.
During exercise, there are specific intensity zones, each with a benefit. These zones are based on a percentage of your maximum heart rate- a number calculated by most Polar heart rate monitors. While working out you can use your max heart rate to calculate and follow the recommended zones below. Training in the right zone will help you stay on track to reach your goals.
- Zone 1 "Very Light" 50-60%: Improves overall health and helps recovery. Recommended for weight management and active recovery.
- Zone 2 "Light" 60-70%: Improves basic endurance and fat burning. Recommended for everybody for longer and frequently repeated short exercises.
- Zone 3 "Moderate" 70-80%: Improves aerobic fitness. Recommended for everybody for moderately long exercises.
- Zone 4 "Hard" 80-90%: Increases maximum performance capacity. Recommended for everybody for shorter exercises.
- Zone 5 "Maximum" 90-100%: Develops maximum performance and speed. Recommended for fit people and athletic training.
|Continuous Heart Rate||Yes w/ H7 sensor||✓||✓||✓|
|Suitable for Swimming||✓||✓||✓||✓|
|Target HR Zone w/ Alarm||✓||✓||✓|
|EnergyPointer||Yes w/ H7 sensor||✓|
|Fat Burn %||✓|
|OwnZone - personal heart rate zone||✓|
|Training Diary Download||✓||Yes (w/FlowLink) sold separately)||Yes (w/FlowLink) sold separately)|
|STAR Training Program||✓|
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
I was worried about them being a pain to use and complicated because I have seen others that are impossible to figure out.
This watch is so basic and to the point, you can view your heart rate as you work out or the number of calories you are burning as well as the duration of your workout. This watch is great and seems very accurate. It logs your workouts and can give you summaries for the week.
The only odd thing that I never expected was that you have to wet the sensor strap before you put it on which is kind of a pain if you're going to the gym.
Overall it's GREAT!
On the positive side, when it works, it's easy to use and I enjoy seeing the calories burned throughout a workout as well as my current and average heart rate.
I notice a few others have complained about battery life. I've had this almost a month now, and no problem. *knocks on wood*. Easy to clean as well - just rinse the chest strip under warm water. I haven't taken it the actual polar bit in water though - so not sure how that is. If you are looking to watch your calories and lose weight, this is a great purchase to help you on that journey. Highly recommend.
Most recent customer reviews
I bought this as a gift for my husband and he says it words way beyond what he expected it to. It is very user friendly and we could not be more pleased.Published 2 days ago by Rose
Does what it is supposed to. Don't expect a very targeted help on intensity zone training with this watch. It only follows two zones of training: fitness or fatburn. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Gabriel Rivest
Not liking this at all. Battery died and does seem to work even with a new one.
Very disappointed! I will not be buying Polar again!
It's an adequate device with a long lasting battery. The heart monitor band does start to show wear and tear after a month if you are active. Read morePublished 5 months ago by Ryan B.