- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Popular Fiction: The Logics and Practices of a Literary Field Paperback – Dec 30 2004
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
This is a book on which other explorations into this vast and largely uncharted territory will build on. Moving from a theoretically sophisticated overview, Gelder engages - closely, uncondescendingly, and entertainingly - with a stimulating range of samples. Most importantly it's enjoyable.
John Sutherland, University College London
With a deceptive ease arising from his familiarity with astonishing range of popular fictions, Gelder breaks new ground in treating popular fiction as a distinctive cultural field with its own logic. The result is a rare combination of clarity and accessibility and challenging insight.
Tony Bennett, The Open University
About the Author
Ken Gelder is a Reader in English at the University of Melbourne, Australia. His books include Reading the Vampire (Routledge 1994) and, with Jane M. Jacobs, Uncanny Australia: Sacredness and Identity in a Postcolonial Nation (Melbourne University Press, 1998). He is co-editor of The Subcultures Reader (1997) and editor of The Horror Reader (2000), both published by Routledge.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Education & Reference > Encyclopedias > Art
- Books > Education & Reference > Encyclopedias > History
- Books > Education & Reference > Foreign Language Study & Reference
- Books > Education & Reference > Writing, Research & Publishing Guides > Writing
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Literary
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > Classics
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > History & Criticism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Anthropology > Cultural
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > American Literature
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > Creative Writing & Composition
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Anthropology