Postmodern Fairy Tales: Gender and Narrative Strategies Paperback – Dec 24 2004
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"An extraordinary book, and a 'first' on the topic."-Jack Zipes "Examining the workings of the powerful desire machines built into postmodern versions of 'Snow White,' 'Little Red Riding Hood,' 'Beauty and the Beast,' and 'Bluebeard,' Cristina Bacchilega's astute rereadings uncover intriguing mirrorings and revisions."-Ruth B. Bottigheimer, State University of New York at Stony Brook
About the Author
Cristina Bacchilega is Associate Professor of English at the University of Hawaii at Manoa and editor of the Italian-language volume La narrativa postmoderna in America: Testi e contesti.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Children's Books > Literature & Fiction > Children's Literature Guides
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Books & Reading > Women Writers & Feminist Theory
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Movements & Periods > Postmodernism
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > History & Criticism
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Folklore & Mythology
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Gender Studies
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Sociology
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Women's Studies