- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Power Electronics for Technology Paperback – Jun 29 1998
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Recognizing the current demands of the workplace, this applications-oriented introduction offers an easy-to-understand explanation of the principles of power electronics, with complete coverage on the switching, control and conversion of electrical power using semiconductor devices. Reflecting the increasing demand for efficient conversion and control of electrical power, it considers the latest power devices, circuits, and control schemes that continue to extend power electronics technology to new applications areas. Presents material methodically - first establishing the background theory before going on to specific applications. Familiarizes readers with the analysis and operation of various power conversions circuits that have applications at high power levels, and formulates equations that govern the behavior of these circuits. Discusses the application of power electronic devices in uncontrolled and controlled single phase rectifiers, inverters, ac voltage controllers, cycloconverters, and dc choppers, and demonstrates voltage and current waveform analysis for the output, starting with a simple resistive load to more practical inductive loads. Includes many worked examples, basic formulas, and an abundance of illustrations and diagrams.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Job Hunting & Careers > Vocational Guidance
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > How-to & Home Improvements > Electrical
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electricity Principles
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electronics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Energy > Electric
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Power Systems
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Business & Investing
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Education
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Engineering
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Humanities
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Physics > Applied
- Books > Textbooks > Education > Counseling