Powers of Persuasion: The Inside Story of British Advertising Hardcover – Aug 15 2008
|New from||Used from|
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
A comprehensive, highly readable and well-researched history... it is fascinating and thought-provoking, and I wish everyone in the ad business would read it. Paul Feldwick, Market Leader This book is important, vauable, and a great read... Insights abound... the mini case-studies are excellent. Tim Ambler, International Journal of Advertising Do go and buy this book. You'll enjoy it, and it's important to read it. brand-republic.com The author shows a seductive flair for combining piquant anecdotes about individual agencies and campaigns with revealing and reliable data, which makes the book both enjoyable for the general reader and solidly based. Financial Times A readable and racy inside story of the British advertising industry. Isabelle Szmigin. Times Higher Education. Fletcher plainly knows his stuff and writes in a crisp, lively way. He's also taken great pains to animate his characters, thus ensuring that his narrative has a properly flesh-and-blood feel to it. Telegraph
About the Author
Winston Fletcher is Visiting Professor of Marketing at Westminster University, and Vice President of the History of Advertising Trust. He has worked in the advertising industry for many years, has spoken and lectured on marketing, marketing research, and advertising, has written extensively on advertisign in the media, and is author of several books, including Advertising Advertising (Profile, 1999).
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > International > Global Marketing
- Books > Business & Investing > Marketing & Sales > Advertising
- Books > Business & Investing > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Research
- Books > Deals in Books
- Books > History > Europe > England
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Advertising
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Global
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Marketing & Sales > Marketing > Research