From the Back Cover
"This book won't sit on your shelf. It'll live on your desk." --Simon Rowell, BEA Systems, Inc.
Your Definitive Professional Resource
Developers and students aspiring to be Java 2 Enterprise Edition architects will greatly benefit from this groundbreaking resource. Packed with information on technologies, processes, and architecture, this book provides complete end-to-end coverage for designing and developing a J2EE-based solution. Plus--this is the first book to show and explain Struts implementation patterns, in addition to delivering clear insight into Struts architecture and its core services. Practical J2EE Application Architecture provides a complete roadmap for creating and deploying internet-based J2EE applications, ultimately delivering fast ramp-up and higher ROI.
- Create a use-case view of the problem domain
- Understand the semantics of J2EE application configuration and deployment
- Create consistent design vocabulary using design patterns
- Simplify Struts adoption using proven Struts-based implementation patterns
- Follow a cohesive approach in creating project artifacts
- Build internationalization applications with JavaServer Pages (JSPs) and Enterprise JavaBeans (EJBs)
- Employ information architecture to create a user-centric Internet-based application
About the Author
Nadir Gulzar (San Ramon, CA) has 16 years of IT industry experience that includes logistics, pharmaceutical, financial, and philanthropy. Proficiencies are strategic information systems planning, architecture and design. He has architectured, designed, developed and deployed eCommerce solutions using Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD), J2EE technology, and distributed component architecture. Clients include Spring, Visa, & Sears. Dwight Mamenteo is Technical Manager of BEA's Global Alliances Group; tasked with educating, supporting, and business development with BEA's corporate partners. He has 9 years of IT Industry experience with a focus on J2EE technologies, distributed component architectures, OOAD and eCommerce development. Clients have included Visa International, Liberty Mutual, Paramax Systems and others.