"...the insight into the world of security that is offered here makes for an interesting read...any readers who are responsible for network and data security will find plenty of valuable pointers..." (PC Utilities
, June 2003)
"...absolutely brilliantly written.... I loved the chapters on PKI...a must read!..." (Information Security Bulletin, July 2003)
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
From the Back Cover
Two of the worlds top experts in cryptography teach you how to secure your digital future
In todays world, security is a top concern for businesses worldwide. Without a secure computer system, you dont make money, you dont expand, andbottom lineyou dont survive. Cryptography holds great promise as the technology to provide security in cyberspace. Amazingly enough, no literature exists about how to implement cryptography and how to incorporate it into real-world systems. With Practical Cryptography, an author team of international renown provides you with the first hands-on cryptographic product implementation guide, bridging the gap between cryptographic theory and real-world cryptographic applications.
This follow-up guide to the bestselling Applied Cryptography dives in and explains the how-to of cryptography. Youll find discussions on:
- Practical rules for choosing and using cryptographic primitives, from block ciphers to digital signatures
- Implementing cryptographic algorithms and systems in a secure way on todays computers
- A consistent design philosophy to ensure that every part of the system achieves the required security level
- Why security affects every part of the system, and why it has to be a primary goal of the project
- How simple interfaces for cryptographic primitives reduce system complexity and increase system security