- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Practical Ecocriticism: Literature, Biology, and the Environment Paperback – Dec 16 2003
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Practical Ecocriticism fills an important niche unoccupied by any other book. Love is mediating between two rapidly developing fields that have hitherto had only glancing connections: ecological literary criticism and evolutionary psychology. As he so persuasively argues, these fields are contiguous and interdependent. This is an immensely valuable contribution and should long provide a central point of reference and information.--Joseph Carroll, author of "Evolution and Literary Theory"
About the Author
Glen A. Love is Professor Emeritus of English at the University of Oregon, where he taught American literature and initiated courses in bioregional and environmental literature over the past three decades. His ecocritical publications include New Americans and numerous periodical essays on literature and the environment. He and his biologist wife, Rhoda Love, published the groundbreaking anthology, Environmental Crisis, at the beginning of the modern environmental movement.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Classics > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > Criticism & Theory
- Books > Literature & Fiction > History & Criticism > United States
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > Classics
- Books > Literature & Fiction > United States > History & Criticism
- Books > Science & Math > Biological Sciences > Biology
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Environmental Science
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Environment > Environmental Science
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Conservation
- Books > Science & Math > Nature & Ecology > Environment > Conservation
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Literature > American Literature
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Biology & Life Sciences > Biology