- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Practical Engineering Geology Paperback – Feb 16 2012
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"… Hencher has penned a book on his experiences that provides insights for students, young professionals and seasoned pros working in engineering geology…The excellent book provides practical solutions and example methodologies to address engineering geology challenges which are worthwhile for those practicing in the field. This book is highly recommended for practicing engineering geologists in America who would like to learn about the geoengineering challenges found in other parts of the world and the innovative solutions offered."
―The Professional Geologist, 2014
"This book meets its stated aims and should be required reading for aspiring young engineering geologists, or their seniors, to help make them aware of their roles and responsibilities. It would do no harm for this book to be read also by geotechnical engineers who need to be clear about the geologist’s role in the project team."
―Quarterly Journal of Engineering Geology and Hydrogeology
"The perspective, depth, and detail contained in Hencher’s Practical Engineering Geology make it highly desirable for all practicing engineering geologists and geotechnical engineers to have in their libraries. …. a must have volume. … Hencher’s book has plenty of content for all serious engineering geologists and geotechnical engineers."
–– Environmental & Engineering Geoscience
"Each chapter contains straightforward didactic boxes that focus either on a case in point, good working practices or key terms of relevance to each topic."
––Environmental Earth Sciences
About the Author
Steve Hencher is a Director of consulting engineers Halcrow and Research Professor of Engineering Geology at the University of Leeds.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Good writing style, laugh out loud funny at times. Very little maths which will confuse the engineers, it's a book aimed at improving knowledge rather than a design cookbook.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Foundations & Soil Mechanics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Geotechnical
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Civil > Surveying & Photogrammetry
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Agricultural Sciences > Soil Science
- Books > Professional & Technical > Professional Science > Earth Sciences > Geology
- Books > Science & Math > Agricultural Sciences > Soil Science
- Books > Science & Math > Earth Sciences > Geology
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Civil Engineering
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences > Earth Sciences