- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Practical Guide to Project Management Documentation Hardcover – Nov 29 2004
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
The one-stop resource for project management documentation and templates for all projects
The success of any project is crucially dependent on the documents produced for it. The Practical Guide to Project Management Documentation provides a complete and reliable source of explanations and examples for every possible project-related documentfrom the proposal, business case, and project plan, to the status report and final post-project review.
The Practical Guide to Project Management Documentation is packed with material that slashes the time and effort expended on producing new documents from scratch. Following the processes in the Project Management Institute's Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®), this one-stop, full-service book also offers tips and techniques for working with documents in each project process. Documentation for several project/client scenarios is addressed, including internal and externally contracted projects. A single projectthe construction of a water theme parkis used as the case study for all the document examples.
An included CD-ROM provides all the documents from the book as Microsoft Word® files. Readers can use these as a framework to develop their own project documents.
The Practical Guide to Project Management Documentation is an unmatched reference for the numerous documents essential to project managers in all industries.
About the Author
JOHN RAKOS, PMP, is President of John J. Rakos and Associates Consultants Ltd., a small company in Ottawa, Ontario, dedicated to providing project management training and consulting. He has been in the project management industry for more than thirty years, during which time he has worked as a project manager for companies such as Nortel and Digital Equipment Corporation, and for the federal governments of the United States and Canada. He teaches both undergraduate and MBA-level project management courses at the University of Ottawa. He authored this book with five students from his MBA classes.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
There are a lot of good project plans and other documentation - I was looking forward to reading it on a PC.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business & Investing > Skills > Project Management
- Books > Business & Investing > Small Business & Entrepreneurship > Entrepreneurship
- Books > Professional & Technical > Business Management > Management & Leadership > Project Management
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Mechanical
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Business & Investing
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Computers & Internet
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Engineering
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Economics
- Books > Textbooks > Business & Finance > Enterpeneurship
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Industrial Engineering