This book provides a showcase for "best practices" in teaching statistics and research methods in two- and four-year colleges and universities.
A helpful resource for teaching introductory, intermediate, and advanced statistics and/or methods, the book features coverage of:
- ways to integrate these courses
- how to promote ethical conduct
- how to create writing intensive programs
- novel tools and activities to get students involved
- strategies for teaching online courses and computer applications
- guidance on how to create and maintain helpful web resources
- assessment advice to help demonstrate that students are learning
- tips on linking diversity to research methodology.
This book appeals to veteran and novice educators and graduate students who teach research methods and/or statistics in psychology and other behavioral sciences and serves as an excellent resource in related faculty workshops. A CD with activities that readers can customize is included.