Prefab Hardcover – Sep 15 2002
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
...The challenges of light, flexible, non-permanent housing cry out for elegant solutions... That is exactly what we get in this book. -- Doors of Perception website, May 2002
PREFAB...presents the fascinating history of prefabricated housing--both its shortcomings and its enormous potential... -- Dwell magazine, Sept/October 2002
About the Author
Allison Arieff is a writer, senior editor of the architecture magazine dwell, and co-author of Trailer Travel. She is also the editor of several books on art and culture, including Airstream: A History of the Land Yacht and Hatch Show Print: The History of a Great American Poster Shop. She lives in San Francisco BRYAN BURKHART is the designer and co-author of Airstream: The History of the Land Yacht and Trailer Travel: A Visual History of Mobile America. As creative director of his own firm, Modernhouse, he has designed books for Taschen, Chronicle Books, and Gibbs-Smith Publishers. Arieff and Burkhart live in San Francisco.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Prefabricated building systems can be traced as far back as the seventeenth century when a panelized wood house was shipped from England to Cape Ann in 1624 to provide housing for a fishing fleet. Read the first page
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index | Back Cover
Top Customer Reviews
Most recent customer reviews
It looks like a coffee table book yet reads like a dream. This is not only one of the most comprehensive books on the subject, but easily the most lucid and engaging. Read morePublished on Jan. 23 2003 by D. Bishop
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > How-to & Home Improvements > Home Design > Design & Construction
- Books > Crafts, Hobbies & Home > Interior Design
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Buildings > Residential
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > History
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Interior Design
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Materials
- Books > Professional & Technical > Architecture > Reference > Methods & Materials