The reviewers really weren't kidding. These are the best sounding headphones that I've ever owned and they are probably the least expensive. I don't listen to music on headphones often, so I refuse to pay the premium prices that Beats, Bose, or Sennheiser command.
A couple of Cons:
1) they are not comfortable
2) they look and feel a little cheap
3) monoprice logo is horrific
To address the above Cons:
1) you will get used to it. There are also optional earpads available for purchase (Beyerdynamic EDT 250). They will work fine but I don't see the point of getting these as they cost just as much as the headphones.
2) they ARE cheap - they feel sturdy enough that I don't think they'll break, but I don't think my teenage daughter would wear these out of the house under any circumstances
3) There are retailers that sell stickers that will cover the ugly logo
All in all, I'm not disappointed. I'm pleased with the purchase as the headphones preform exactly as expected.