- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Principles of Electric Circuits: Conventional Current Version (9th Edition) Hardcover – Mar 5 2009
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Inside Flap
This seventh edition of Principles of Electric Circuits: Conventional Current Version provides a complete and straightforward coverage of the basics of electrical components and circuits, with emphasis on analysis, applications, and troubleshooting. Many improvements have been made over the previous edition, but the coverage and organization remain the same. A new text design and layout enhance the text's appearance and usability.New Features and Improvements
Troubleshooter Quiz. A multiple-choice quiz in the chapter end matter tests the student's grasp of what happens in a circuit as a result of certain changes or faults. The student must determine whether a specified quantity or parameter increases, decreases, or remains the same as a result of the introduction of a fault or a change in another circuit parameter. Answers are at the end of the chapter.
Engineering Notation. Chapter 1 includes an expanded coverage of engineering notation and the use of the calculator in scientific and engineering notation.
Electrical Safety. The topic of electrical safety is introduced in Chapter 2. It is supplemented by a feature called "Safety Note" located at appropriate points throughout the text and identified by a special logo.
Troubleshooting. An improved coverage of troubleshooting begins in Section 3-6 with an introduction. A systematic method called APM (analysis, planning, and measurement) is introduced and used in many of the troubleshooting sections and examples. Troubleshooting features are identified by a new logo.
Circuit Simulations. In addition to the EWB circuit simulations for Troubleshooting and Analysis problems that are available on the CD-ROM accompanying the textbook, Multisim circuits have been added. To avoid any backward compatibility issues, the EWB files have been retained for those who have not yet upgraded to Multisim.
Circuit Simulation Tutorials. The EWB and PSpice tutorials continue to be available on the website. In addition, Multisim tutorials are now available online.
Key Terms Terms. identified as most important in each chapter are listed in the chapter opener. Within the chapter, the key terms are in color boldface and indicated with a "key" icon. Each key term is defined at the end of the chapter and in the comprehensive glossary at the end of the book.
Answer Reminders. Notes to remind students where to find the answers to the various exercises and problems appear throughout each chapter.Additional Features
- Full-color format
- Two-page chapter openers with a chapter outline, introduction, chapter objectives, and key terms list
- An introduction and objectives at the beginning of each section within a chapter
- A TECHnoIogy Theory into Practice (TECH TIP) feature at the end of most chapters
- Abundance of high-quality illustrations
- Short biographies of key figures in the history of electricity in several chapters.
- Many worked examples
- A Related Problem in each worked example with answers at the end of the chapter
- Section Reviews with answers at the end of the chapter
- Troubleshooting section in many chapters
- Self-test at the end of each chapter with answers at the end of the chapter
- Summary at the end of each chapter
- Formula list at the end of each chapter
- Sectionalized problem set for each chapter with the more difficult problems indicated by an asterisk. Answers to odd-numbered problems are at the end of the book.
- A comprehensive glossary at the end of the book that defines all boldface and key teams in the textbook
- The conventional direction of current is used. (An alternate version of this text uses electron-flow direction.)
From the Back Cover
For DC/AC Circuits courses requiring a comprehensive, classroom tested text with an emphasis on troubleshooting and the practical application of DC/AC principles and concepts.
This text provides an exceptionally clear introduction to DC/AC circuits supported by superior exercises, examples, and illustrations and an emphasis on troubleshooting and applications. Throughout the text's coverage, the use of mathematics is limited to only those concepts that are needed for understanding. Floyd's acclaimedtroubleshooting emphasisprovides students with the problem solving experience they need to step out of the classroom and into a job!See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
Browse and search another edition of this book.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
but did u notice that these books have some gaps..
the books that cover COUPLED NETWORKS (x,y,z parameteres) don't cover much on filters or waveshaping circtuis (RC/RL integrators and differentiators) ..
and the books that cover the waveshaping and filters.. don't cover the coupled networks topic
this book covers waveshaping and filters very well.. but no mention of COUPLE NETWORK techniques... which are integral to TRULY understanding the subsequent ELECTRIC DEVICES courses...
otherwise.. the rest is very well presented
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electricity Principles
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Electrical & Electronics > Electronics
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Telecommunications
- Books > Science & Math
- Books > Textbooks > Engineering > Electrical & Electronic Engineering