- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Principles of Neural Science, Fourth Edition Hardcover – Jan 5 2000
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"This is a simply wonderful book that makes accessible in one place all the details of how the neuron and brain work. The writing is clear. The drawings are elegant and educational. The book is a feast for both the eye and mind. The richness, the beauty, and the complexity of neuroscience is all captured in this superb book." "5 Stars!" (Doody's 2001-11-01)
About the Author
McGraw-Hill authors represent the leading experts in their fields and are dedicated to improving the lives, careers, and interests of readers worldwide
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Setting light on buy itself, the book is worthy to be praised "a twinkle one like stars".
And, oh boy, what a Book! You really feel that you've got something for your money. It's hefty, it's intellectual, and it looks damned good on the bookshelves. The paper is glossy, everything's set out well, and you feel good every time you refer to it.
When I was a student, my general principle was to BUY NO TEXTBOOKS, and this one was very expensive for me at the time, but it was worth it. Probably the most valuable book I had in all my 8 years of formal studying. It contained everything I needed in terms of information on this topic, and on the rare occasions when I had to go further into something, there were very useful references at the end of every chapter.
I strongly recommend it. You'll use it for years, and when it's time to move on, it'll be easy to sell.
Most recent customer reviews
I love Kandel Principles of Neural Science, but I would go for the fifth edition, if I could have changed my order. Read morePublished 7 days ago by Amazon Customer
This is one of the best books for the student that is new to neuroscience. Covers the basics of many systems quite well. Read morePublished on Dec 23 2013 by Matthew
This massive book has lots of useful information and informative figures, and the decent index makes it highly likely that you will find what you need. Read morePublished on July 13 2004 by K. W.
I used this in medical school, then graduate school, finding the length and quality improve with succeeding editions of the volume. Read morePublished on June 10 2004 by Joseph J Grenier
Kandel's monumental 4th Edition text is chock-full of updated figures, pictures, and descritive mechanisms within its 9 parts. Read morePublished on July 15 2003 by Mel Ona
It was required by many of our introductory neuroscience classes. But the fact remains it is a comprehensive introductory text that deals very little with the actual physiology. Read morePublished on March 14 2002
I was impressed by Kandel's text. It provided a current, thorough coverage of the topic areas. No other textbook I came across could even compare!Published on Aug. 5 2001
During early 99 I had de chance to use the text in English, but in 2.000 the university I'm working for the last 18 year, bought the text in Spanish, it was a real success for the... Read morePublished on Feb. 28 2001 by Héctor
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Fitness & Dieting > Psychology & Counseling
- Books > Medical Books > Allied Health Professions > Occupational Therapy
- Books > Medical Books > Allied Health Professions > Physical Therapy
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Neurology > Neuroscience
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Surgery > Neurosurgery
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Medicine
- Books > Qualifying Textbooks - Fall 2007 > Science
- Books > Science & Math > Behavioural Sciences
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Allied Health Professions > Occupational Therapy
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Allied Health Professions > Physical Therapy
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Neurology > Neuroscience
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Psychiatry
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Surgery > Neurosurgery
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Allied Health Services > Occupational Therapy
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Allied Health Services > Physical Therapy
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Basic Sciences > Neuroscience
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Neurology
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Psychiatry
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Surgery > Neurosurgery