Print Reading for Industry Paperback – Large Print, Mar 2 2010
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Goodheart-Willcox is the premier publisher for Technical, Trades, and Technology; Family and Consumer Sciences; and Business, Marketing and Career Education. Goodheart-Willcox products are designed to train everyone from students through practicing professionals. Our books and supplements contain a wealth of information on the latest theories, techniques, tools, and operations for these subject areas. Whether the subject is automotive or child care, you will find numerous features throughout our textbooks to make learning easier. High-quality presentation, authoritative content, sound topic sequence, an abundance of illustrations, involving pedagogy, real-world examples, and appropriate readability are hallmarks of Goodheart-Willcox products.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
1. Content is so badly written it is so hard to understand. Doing the question and answer at the end of each unit a shot in the dark if the reader understood the question correctly. When we ask our professor for help when the class couldn't understand he would give us an answer and check with the teachers book and got the answer wrong also. Afterward he confirm with the book before answering. Bad instructor, I don't believe so since his field of study was in architectural and that information isn't using in his field.
2. It didn't feel like the authors of this book know anything about blueprint and simply copy and paste general real life experience. When I came to parts of the book where I had experience in the field as ask to confirm my answer to the teacher edition since I couldn't find the answer in the unit. I was told that my answer base real life experience on the field was wrong.
3. I strongly believe as a student this book is teaching wrong information more then a book should if it was better researched to proof that the content was correct. The reason I believe this was because when our class went to units that covered our field of study machining and welding. We the student had to inform the instructor(architectural field) that information written was wrong and the students corrected the information covered for the students of the other field of study.
4. There were question to help cover key information that was cover in the unit asked that where not covered in the book at all or ask in the wrong unit for the book. Example unit 3 Bonus blueprint reading question asked about sub-assemble. Which the class know what that term meant but didn't understand what the book wanted for an answer(over 70% of the class got the answer wrong). The topic of sub-assemble was not cover till unit 16!!!! There was also question like Question 5. Refer to question 5 ...... are we to refer to the question that we are ask to find more data to answer what question 5 is asking. Is this something like which came first an egg or an egg?
If this book is any kind of measure of knowledge that was learned as a teaching tool it has completely FAILED. The AVG grade when the course was complete pass poor over 75% class would have failed the course if the 70% or higher was a C. The Course was graded on 30-50% was a D 51 to 70% was a C. Even still most of the class completed the course with a D or C. My grade was a C only due to the % grade curve drop for this class due and my only grade that was not an A in 2 years of full time study. The Class is full of licensed welder and CNC machinist but we can't even understand what is written in this book????!!!! Most of us need this class as our last course to get our degree, most of us are able to read blueprint and complete other course work that require reading blueprint but we can't read and understand this course to score so badly?
Book is written very poorly in my experience. Many of the answers listed in the back of the book are not actually correct, so you may end up teaching yourself the wrong way and getting bad grades on the test. There is no excuse for this happening when it is the 9th edition of a book.
Write in text is helpful, Instructor's may ask for pages out of the book, etc. Pictures are good and prints DO COME WITH.
Helped me get through the class, could use refinement in techniques to teach and especially on the answers in the back that are supposed to help you.
All around, not seller's fault. Shipping was in time for the new quarter and was packaged brand new along with bonus prints. If required, good option. If you are buying to just learn how to become a mechanical engineer on your own time, look elsewhere.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Industrial Design
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Industrial, Manufacturing & Operational Systems > Manufacturing
- Books > Professional & Technical > Engineering > Mechanical > Drafting & Mechanical Drawing
- Books > Science & Math > Technology
- Books > Textbooks > Education
- Books > Textbooks > Sciences