The ASP.NET MVC 3 Framework is the latest evolution of Microsofts ASP.NET web platform. It provides a radically new high-productivity programming model that promotes cleaner code architecture, test-driven development, and powerful extensibility, combined with all the benefits of ASP.NET 4.
In this, third edition, the core model-view-controller (MVC) architectural concepts are not simply explained or discussed in isolation, but are demonstrated in action. Youll work through an extended tutorial to create a working e-commerce web application that combines ASP.NET MVC with the latest C# language features and unit-testing best practices. By gaining this invaluable, practical experience, youll discover MVCs strengths and weaknesses for yourselfand put your best-learned theory into practice.
The book's authors, Steve Sanderson and Adam Freeman, have both watched the growth of ASP.NET MVC since its first release, with Steve taking a particularly prominent role. You can be sure you are in safe hands.
What youll learn
- Gain a solid architectural understanding of ASP.NET MVC 3, including basic MVC and REST concepts.
- Explore the entire ASP.NET MVC Framework and take a detailed look at the official MVC development toolkit.
- See how MVC and test-driven development work in action.
- Capitalize on your existing knowledge quickly and easily through translation and comparison of features in classic ASP.NET to those in ASP.NET MVC.
- Learn about the latest security and deployment issues, including IIS 7.0.
Who this book is for
This book is for web developers with a basic knowledge of ASP.NET and C# who want (or need) to start using the new ASP.NET MVC 3 Framework.