Pro Drupal 7 Development updates the most popular development reference for the newest major release of Drupal. With several new and completely-rewritten essential APIs and improvements in Drupal 7, this book will not only teach developers how to write modules ranging from simple to complex, as well as learn how Drupal itself works.
- Learn the Drupal APIs and major changes in Drupal 7
- Learn how to write Drupal modules using the APIs
- Learn proper development practices and how to become a contributing community member
What youll learn
- How to get started with writing basic modules
- The flexible Drupal APIs and how they interact with modules
- How new features in Drupal 7 make modules even more powerful and sophisticated
- Best practices when developing in Drupal (coding standards, help developer modules)
- How to write safe, secure, and tested code
- How to contribute modules back to the Drupal community and maintain their modules using CVS
Who this book is for
This book is for existing Drupal module developers wanting to learn about Drupal 7 and people already knowledgeable in PHP who are interested in developing for Drupal. Simply put, if you are working with Drupal, then you need this book.