Git is the version control system developed by Linus Torvalds for Linux kernel development. It took the open source world by storm since its inception in 2005, and is used by small development shops and giants like Google, Red Hat, and IBM, and of course many open source projects.
- A book by Git experts to turn you into a Git expert
- Introduces the world of distributed version control
- Shows how to build a Git development workflow
What you’ll learn
- Use Git as a programmer or a project leader.
- Become a fluent Git user.
- Use distributed features of Git to the full.
- Acquire the ability to insert Git in the development workflow.
- Migrate programming projects from other SCMs to Git.
- Learn how to extend Git.
Who is this book for?
This book is for all open source developers: you are bound to encounter it somewhere in the course of your working life. Proprietary software developers will appreciate Git’s enormous scalability, since it is used for the Linux project, which comprises thousands of developers and testers.
About the Apress Pro Series
The Apress Pro series books are practical, professional tutorials to keep you on and moving up the professional ladder.
You have gotten the job, now you need to hone your skills in these tough competitive times. The Apress Pro series expands your skills and expertise in exactly the areas you need. Master the content of a Pro book, and you will always be able to get the job done in a professional development project. Written by experts in their field, Pro series books from Apress give you the hard–won solutions to problems you will face in your professional programming career.