From the Back Cover
ASP.Net security covers a broad range of subjects. Concepts such as Web security features, developing in partial trust, forms authentication, and securing configuration - just to name a few p are all integral components to helping developers ensure reliable security. Addressing the ASP.NET security features from the developer's point of view, this book offers detailed information on very major area of ASP.NET security that you'll encounter when developing Web applications.
You'll see how the 2.0 version contains many new built-in security functions, such as Membership and Role Manager, and you'll learn how you can extend or modify various features. As you work through this book, you'll gain a solid understanding of the many security features in ASP.NET 2.0.
What you will learn from this book
- The securityÂ professing that is performed for each HTTP request
- What ASP.NET trust levels are and how they work to provide secure environments
- The new options for locking down and protecting configuration sections
- New security features for forms authentication and session state
- Ways to write your own custom provider-based features
- How to extend Membership with password histories and custom password encryption
- How to use Active Directory with the new Membership and Role Manager features
Who this book is for
This book is for experienced developers who are looking to master the new security features of ASP.NET 2.0, as well as more advanced techniques for extending ASP.NET 2.0 security.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet theÂ real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
About the Author
is a Program Manager on the Web Platform and Tools Team at Microsoft working on the new application services stack in Visual Studio 2005. He owns the Membership, Role Manager, Profile, Personalization and Site Navigation features in ASP.NET 2.0. He also works on features for Microsoft's ASP.NET hosting solution. He is a frequent speaker at Microsoft developer conferences. Prior to joining the ASP.NET team Stefan worked as an application development consultant in Microsoft Consulting Services (MCS) with enterprise customers for four years.