- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Professional DotNetNuke ASP.NET Portals Paperback – Jun 10 2005
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
"I would recommend this book as a must buy to anyone who develops with or for the DotNetNuke framework." (www.vbug.net, 8th September 2005)
From the Back Cover
Professional DotNetNuke ASP.NET Portals
DotNetNuke, the popular ASP.NET open source application, is sweeping through the ranks of ASP.NET and Web developers. Whether you've never programmed your own Web site before or you are an experienced ASP.NET developer, you'll find DotNetNuke and this book have something to offer you. You'll get started with invaluable hands-on insight for installing DotNetNuke on the server and then move on to developing and administering portals created with DotNetNuke.
Written by the creator and programmers of the DotNetNuke project, the book discusses operating a DotNetNuke portal. You'll see how DotNetNuke gives you a flexible architecture for rapidly developing Web applications and you'll find ways to extend the portal framework by developing modules that plug into DotNetNuke. Step-by-step instructions to administer DotNetNuke in various real-world scenarios will help you save time developing your own DotNetNuke ASP.NET sites.
What you will learn from this book
- How to easily develop a dynamic content managed Web site
- Management of user membership and permissions
- Other features you can add to a DotNetNuke site including discussion forums, RSS feeds, calendars, and more
- How to instantly change your Web site user interface with skins
- Techniques for hosting multiple Web sites from a single account with the multiple portal capability
Who this book is for
Web developers or administrators who have never used ASP or ASP.NET can use this book to create their first ASP.NET portal site with no programming skill required. Experienced ASP.NET developers can use this to create ASP.NET sites quickly and efficiently using DotNetNuke.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education for new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.See all Product Description
Inside This Book(Learn More)
As much as I would like people to believe that DotNetNuke was intentionally created as a premier open source project for the Microsoft platform, it is unfortunately not the case. Read the first page
Front Cover | Copyright | Table of Contents | Excerpt | Index
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
To summarize: this is not a step by step explanation of professional customizing DNN, it's just a badly written reference manual. DNN deserves better.
Yes, it has some chapters about module development and the DNN APIs but I bought this book to learn from DNN and be able to develop better modules. Not from this book.
Subsequent chapters take you from installing DNN, all the way to developing against it. There is excellent coverage of the API, and four chapters on module development.
There may have been some points that could have gone deeper, but this is one book you'll actually want to read and have as a reference, it is just a unique perspective from the developers of DNN, rather than just a reference book.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science
- Books > Computers & Technology > Internet & Social Media
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming
- Books > Computers & Technology > Software
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Programming > ASP
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems