From the Back Cover
Dive into a world of mobile gaming possibilities with HTML5
Professional HTML5 Mobile Game Development:
- Clarifies when to use each of the three primary methods for building an HTML game: CSS3, SVG, or Canvas
- Reviews the standard patterns for building real-time multiplayer games in HTML5
- Walks you through creating a 2-D platformer and building nontraditional multiplayer interfaces
- Reveals a variety of mobile enhancements such as geolocation, device orientation, accelerations, and sound
- Offers suggestions for packing up an HTML5 game to get it to the app store
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
About the Author
Pascal Rettig runs Cykod, a Boston-based web consultancy founded in 2006 and focused on online interactive applications. He is the CTO of GamesForLanguage, he founded the Boston HTML5 Game development meet-up, and he served as the guest editor for the UX Magazine issue on games and gaming.