From the Back Cover
- Addresses querying, reading from, and writing to files
- Explores streams, file systems, networking, and automated unit testing
- Details how to read and write streams of data
- Zeroes-in on building TCP and HTTP servers and clients
- Reviews using datagrams, testing and debugging modules, and controlling the callback flow
- Shows how to develop real-time web applications using Connect, Express, and Socket.IO
- Walks you through connecting to MySQL, CouchDB, and MongoDB
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
About the Author
Pedro Teixeira is a prolific open-source programmer and author of many Node.js modules. He is a founding partner of The Node Firm and a senior programmer at Nodejitsu Inc., the leading Node.js platform-as-a-service provider. He is also the author of the popular Node Tuts screencasts.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.