- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Professional Portrait Retouching Techniques for Photographers Using Photoshop Paperback – Mar 24 2011
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
From the Back Cover
Each year, Scott Kelby, Editor-in-Chief of Photoshop User magazine and the #1 best-selling Photoshop author, trains literally thousands of photographers on how to retouch portraits using Photoshop through his live seminars, online classes, DVDs, and standing-room only workshops at the Photoshop World Conference & Expo. Now you can learn the same techniques he uses in his own retouching workflow, in the only book of its kind–one written expressly for photographers who do their own retouching.
As a pro photographer himself, Scott understands that photographers make their living shooting, not retouching. But, delivering fully retouched images is now expected by clients. That’s why Scott put together this amazing resource for teaching photographers the quickest, easiest, and most effective ways to create professional-looking, retouched final images without spending hours grinding away at painstaking, detailed techniques.
LEARN HOW THE PROS DO IT
It’s all here–the step-by-step methods for fixing, enhancing, and finishing your portraits in Photoshop. Using the techniques in this book, you’ll create images that will absolutely wow your clients. You’ll learn:
• How to soften skin and still retain detail and texture
• The best tricks for beautifully enhancing eyes, eyebrows, and eyelashes
• How to selectively sharpen portraits without complicated masking
• How to create gorgeous-looking lips
• How to remove blemishes fast and keep the most detail
• The pros’ tricks for body sculpting
• How to make your subject’s hair look fabulous
• How to give your retouches that natural look that sets them apart
• Plus, you get Scott’s complete 5-minute, 15-minute, and 30-minute start-to-finish workflows
If you’re ready to learn the “tricks of the trade”–the same ones that today’s leading pro photographers use to retouch, tuck, tighten, and tone their images for that pro-retouched look–you’re holding the book that will do exactly that. It will radically change the way you retouch your portraits from here on out, and give you the best-looking, most natural retouches you’ve ever done.
About the Author
Scott Kelby is Editor-in-Chief of Photoshop User magazine, President of the National Association of Photoshop Professionals (NAPP), Training Director for the Adobe Photoshop Seminar Tour, and one of the leading seminar instructors in the industry today. Scott is author of the best-selling books, The Lightroom 3 Book for Digital Photographers, Photoshop Down & Dirty Tricks, and The Digital Photography Book (volumes 1, 2 & 3), among others. His easy going, plain-English style of teaching makes learning Photoshop fun. He trains thousands in his live seminars each year and knows firsthand which techniques are in hot demand.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The book content is quite recipe like, explaining how to do something but not why it works. This is not hard to figure out in most cases but there are a few examples that work great but are not intuitive. This is not a criticism, just an observation.
I highly recommend the book to any beginning Photoshop user. It will take years off your learning curve.
In all, glad I bought it.
Lots of specific information available to help you. Another good book.
Most recent customer reviews
I was expected a bit more advanced techniques but really well writting and explain...Thanks to Scott Kelby keep making more!!!!Published 20 months ago by Julie W.
I learned some neat tricks from this book. What got me to buy it was that I needed it for a photography course that I had in 'Niagara College of Canada.'Published 23 months ago by Christopher A. Rozario
Exemples et exercices simples. Excellents résultats. Personnellement, j'ai obtenu de très bons résultats. Je vous recommande ce livre les yeux fermés. Read morePublished on Nov. 20 2012 by Cimon
If you are looking for hi-end retouch book. it's not for you.
Actually it is mentioned in the book!!!!
I'll keep it.
Parfais pour un photographe qui veut retoucher ses photos. On choisie la retouche que l'on veut faire et on suit les étapes. Read morePublished on July 20 2011 by Patrick Borduas
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Digital Photography
- Books > Arts & Photography > Photography & Video > Equipment, Techniques & Reference
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Adobe Photoshop
- Books > Computers & Technology > Digital Audio, Photography & Video > Digital Photography & Video > Digital Photography
- Books > Computers & Technology > Graphic Design
- Books > Computers & Technology > Programming > Game Programming
- Books > Computers & Technology > Web Development > Web Design > Web Graphics
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems > Graphics & Visualization
- Books > Textbooks > Humanities > Visual Arts > Photography