From the Back Cover
Proven techniques and best practices for troubleshooting SQL Server 2012
This book is packed with expert advice and real-world examples, showing you how to troubleshoot SQL Server 2012 based on a thorough understanding of SQL Server and Windows internals. It shows how to master the use of specific troubleshooting tools, and how to interpret their output to quickly identify and resolve any performance issue?on any server running SQL Server.
Professional SQL Server 2012 Internals and Troubleshooting:
- Takes you through the life cycle of a query to help present SQL Server's architecture in a practical context
- Helps to demystify server hardware and storage systems and examines how SQL Server uses memory and how you should configure it
- Explores query processing and execution, locking, and how tempdb works
- Shows how to use troubleshooting tools to gather, analyze, and respond to the source of a system-wide performance issue
- Details how to enhance your troubleshooting toolset with Powershell and Extended Events, and how to manage SQL Server in a virtual environment
Join our Programmer to Programmer forums to ask and answer programming questions about this book, join discussions on the hottest topics in the industry, and connect with fellow programmers from around the world.
Take advantage of free code samples from this book, as well as code samples from hundreds of other books, all ready to use.
Find articles, ebooks, sample chapters, and tables of contents for hundreds of books, and more reference resources on programming topics that matter to you.
About the Author
Christian Bolton is the Technical Director for Coeo Ltd. and a Microsoft Certified Architect, Master, and MVP for SQL Server.
Justin Langford is a Director at Coeo Ltd., a SQL Server MVP, and an author.
Glenn Berry is a Principal Consultant at SQLSkills.com, a SQL Server MVP, and an author.
Gavin Payne is a Senior Consultant for Coeo Ltd. and a Microsoft Certified Master for SQL Server.
Amit Banerjee is a Premier Field Engineer at Microsoft and the owner of TroubleshootingSQL.com.
Rob Farley is Owner/Principal of LobsterPot Solutions, a PASS Director, and a SQL Server MVP.