Whether you want to explore new worlds or speed down a city block in a souped up dragster, this book will get you up and running quickly. You'll learn how to implement 3D models, generate huge landscapes, map cool-looking shaders to your 3D objects, and much more. Nitschke also steps you through the development of your first fully functional racing game. You'll then be able to apply this information as you write your own XNA cross-platform games.
What you will learn from this book
- Tricks for managing the game engine and user interface
- How to program an old school shooter game and space adventure
- Tips for improving racing game logic and expanding your game ideas
- Methods for integrating amazing visual effects using advanced shader techniques
- Steps for adding sound and music with XACT-bringing your game to life
- How to fine-tune and debug your game for optimal performance
Who this book is for
This book is for anyone who wants to write their own games for the Xbox 360 or Windows platforms. You should have some experience coding with C# or a similar .NET language.
Wrox Professional guides are planned and written by working programmers to meet the real-world needs of programmers, developers, and IT professionals. Focused and relevant, they address the issues technology professionals face every day. They provide examples, practical solutions, and expert education in new technologies, all designed to help programmers do a better job.