This book will help you prepare for and pass the Sun Certified Programmer for the Java Platform SE 6 (CX-310-065) Exam. It is written for any experienced programmer (with or without previous knowledge of Java) interested in mastering the Java programming language and passing the SCJP 1.6 Exam.
A Programmer’s Guide to Java™ SCJP Certification, Third Edition, provides detailed coverage of all exam topics and objectives, readily runnable code examples, programming exercises, extensive review questions, and a new mock exam. In addition, as a comprehensive primer to the Java programming language, this book is an invaluable reference tool.
This new edition has been thoroughly updated to focus on the latest version of the exam (CX-310-065). In particular, it contains in-depth explanations of the language features. Their usage is illustrated by way of code scenarios, as required by the exam. The companion Web site (www.ii.uib.no/~khalid/pgjc3e/) contains a version of the SCJP 1.6 Exam Simulator developed by the authors. The site also contains the complete source code for all the book’s examples, as well as solutions to the programming exercises.
What you will find in this book:
- Extensive coverage of all the objectives defined for the Sun Certified Programmer for the Java Platform, Standard Edition 6 (CX-310-065) Exam
- An easy-to-follow structure with chapters organized according to the exam objectives, as laid out by Sun Microsystems
- Summaries that clearly state and differentiate the exam objectives and the supplementary objectives to be covered in each chapter
- A list of Sun’s objectives for the SCJP 1.6 Exam and a guide to taking the exam
- A complete mock exam with new questions (not repeats of review questions)
- Numerous exam-relevant review questions to test your understanding of each major topic, with annotated answers
- Programming exercises and solutions at the end of each chapter
- Copious code examples illustrating concepts, where the code has been compiled and thoroughly tested on multiple platforms
- Program output demonstrating expected results from running the examples
- Extensive use of UML (Unified Modeling Language) for illustration purposes
- An introduction to basic terminology and concepts in object-oriented programming
- Advice on how to avoid common pitfalls in mastering the language and taking the exam
- Platform- and tool-independent coverage
- Information about the SCJP 1.6 Upgrade (CX-310-066) Exam