No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Putting a man on the moon, building the pyramids, even creating a robust database for a large organization... These might seem like impossible achievements, but they are all the results of carefully implemented project management techniques.
Taking a managerial approach, Meredith and Mantel's text equips you with the insight into human behavior, knowledge of organizational issues, and quantitative methods you need to do project management. You'll learn how to select, initiate, operate, and control all types of projects--from public works and engineering projects to information systems.
The text puts you in command of the latest thinking in the field, including:
* Strategic project management: Chapter 2 is now oriented toward using project selection as a major tool for achieving the strategic objectives of the organization.
* Risk manqagement: The authors discuss risk management throughout the text and explain how to evaluate risk using simulation software, such as Crystal Ball. In addition, the text is accompanied by a student version of Crystal Ball(r) 2002.
* Earned value: Chapter 10 features extensively expanded coverage of earned value and includes a detailed example that illustrates the calculation of earned value during the execution of a project.
* Project Management Office: Chapter 4 (Project Organization) contains substantial discussion of the Project Management Office. Additional references to this topic also appear throughout the text.
* Activity-on-node notation: Chapter 8 (Scheduling) has been reoriented to focus on activity-on-node notation, which is used in most of today's software packages.
Includes a free trial version pf Microsoft Project 2002(r)!
A CD-ROM containing a 120-day free trial version of Microsoft Project 2002(r) and a student version pf Crystal Ball(r) 2002 accompanies the text. In addition, the text features new exercises in the end-of-chapter material that rely on he use of computer software. Microsoft Project and Excel printouts are updated and now integrated throughout the text where appropriate. --This text refers to an alternate Hardcover edition.
HOJJAT ADELI received his PhD from Stanford University in 1976. He is currently Professor of Engineering and a member of the Center for Cognitive Science at Ohio State University. A contributor to 40 research and scientific journals, he has authored over 250 research and scientific publications, including four pioneering books, and edited ten books in various areas of computer science and engineering. Professor Adeli is the Editor in Chief of the journal, Integrated Computer-aided Engineering. SHIH-LIN HUNG received his MS and PhD from Ohio State University in 1990 and 1992, respectively. He is currently an Associate Professor at the National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan, Republic of China. He has authored thirteen papers in the areas of expert systems, neural networks, machine learning, and parallel processing. --This text refers to an alternate Hardcover edition.
There are many better books on the market for project management; forget this one.Published on July 16 2004
This book handles all PM wk, covers basis,not for the contractor,or const. worker trying to be PM...in constructionPublished on March 5 2004 by henryeasy
I can not believe that PMI recommened this book for preparing for the PMP exam. It is not worth the money unless you know absoultely nothing about PM.Published on Oct. 15 2001 by JerryA
THERE IS A 4TH EDITION , YEAR 2000 USED BY US AT UNIVERSITY OF PHOENIX IN PUERTO RICO. THE BOOK IS SO FRIENDLY BECAUSE IS FOCUSED TO MANAGERS IN ORDER TO MANAGE THE CYCLE OF LIFE... Read morePublished on Jan. 28 2000
Lastima que este en ingles,porque esta requete bueno. Lic.Oscar Rodriguez Z.Published on Sept. 28 1999