- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
The Prospect of Internet Democracy Hardcover – Sep 28 2009
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
Prize: Nominated for the ITP Section Award at APSA 2010 'This book offers an engaging account of the clash of ideals that now characterizes this subject area. It places current debates about information and communication technologies squarely within the context of empirical and normative theories of democracy. A welcome addition to the literature.' Andrew Chadwick, Royal Holloway, University of London, UK 'Providing a skeptical look at the transformative capacity of the internet to strengthen American democracy, Margolis and Moreno-Riano inject an invaluable corrective to much of the hype surrounding this phenomenon. By deflating exaggerated claims, this book presents a more realistic and hard-nosed assessment of how the internet affects citizens' participation in the public sphere.' Pippa Norris, Harvard University, USA 'Margolis and Moreno-Riano have successfully managed to consolidate numerous ideas into one succinct evaluation of online practices and democratic theories. As such, this text provides a useful resource for anyone wishing to develop a broad understanding of the internet's impact on democracy.' Media International Australia
About the Author
Michael Margolis is Emeritus Professor in the Department of Political Science at the University of Cincinnati, USA. Gerson Moreno-RiaÃ±o is Associate Professor of Goverment at the Regent University, USA.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Computers & Technology > Computer Science
- Books > Computers & Technology > History & Culture > Government
- Books > Computers & Technology > Networking & Cloud Computing > Internet, Groupware, & Telecommunications
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Politics
- Books > Politics & Social Sciences > Social Sciences > Political Science
- Books > Textbooks > Computer Science & Information Systems
- Books > Textbooks > Law
- Books > Textbooks > Social Sciences > Political Science > Political Ideologies