- Amazon Student members save an additional 10% on Textbooks with promo code TEXTBOOK10. Enter code TEXTBOOK10 at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply)
Psychiatric and Mental Health Nursing: The craft of caring, Second Edition Paperback – Dec 26 2008
|New from||Used from|
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
No Kindle device required. Download one of the Free Kindle apps to start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
About the Author
Phil Barker PhD RN FRCN, was the UK's first Professor of Psychiatric Nursing Practice, at the University of Newcastle, UK. He is presently Honorary Professor, University of Dundee, Scotland and a psychotherapist in private practice.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
The Craft of Caring 2nd Ed.
Edited by Phil Barker,
Hodder Arnold 2009.
This book is far more than just another Psychiatric and Mental health Nursing text book. Barker has brought together a large team of passionate mental health nurses and mental health professionals to craft a truly unique book.
Chapters such as that written by Peter Wilkin in Chapter 5 are truly moving experiences when reading. He has put in writing what many of us struggle to articulate or recognize as the truly special aspects of our craft. George's story that Wilkin narrates is a beautiful piece of work. Many other skilled clinicians have added their valued experiences to make this book a philosophical journey as well as a text book.
I used the 1st Edition of The Craft of Caring (2003) to teach nurses working in mental health how to develop interpersonal skills to work with the people they would be caring for in mental health settings. This 2nd Edition is not just a revised version of the 1st Ed. Barker has worked further on the contemporary issues now facing us in mental health. Additions of Services for asylum seekers, Mental health nurse prescribing and Mental health law and human rights as well as many others means that it is a comprehensive book on very current issues.
Barker finishes the book drawing from widely experienced nurses from a variety of countries around the world to speak about the future of psychiatric and mental health nursing within the context of their own countries.
This book is a must have for any professional mental health nurse who wants to stay abreast of today's pressing issues in mental health.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Medical Books > Allied Health Professions
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Internal Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Medical Books > Medicine > Midwifery
- Books > Medical Books > Nursing > Psychiatric
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Allied Health Professions
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Midwifery
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Nursing > Psychiatric
- Books > Science & Math > Medicine > Specialties > Psychiatry
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Allied Health Services
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Medicine > Clinical > Psychiatry
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > Clinical > Psychiatric
- Books > Textbooks > Medicine > Nursing > General